Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 92

r1lark, Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Nice local Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Just got my copy of Hemmings Classic Car magazine nice article on page 50 of 1951 Packard. Randy and I have a connection with the car as it has been at some of our local car cruises. The owners his husband wife and little girl are nice people. Nice article include a lot of details we learned by talking to the owner.

Attach file:

jpg  (137.54 KB)
252_56be3893b0aec.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2016/2/12 10:27
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Re: Nice local Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Yes, this showed up at Caste Village - nice surprise.

Posted on: 2016/2/12 20:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Nice 200, good to see a young couple enjoying it. Have you told the owner about this website and encouraged him to log on here?

Its interesting the original owner bought the base 200 then added options, even added later chrome trim to doll it up. A rear window wiper as an option really was decades before it became an expected standard....Packard pioneering!

Steve

Posted on: 2016/2/14 9:13
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I don't remember who was asking about the correct upholstery for a 51 200, but the original upholstery in the car in the article is exactly what came in mine, judging by the scraps found under the upholstery done years ago on my car.

Posted on: 2016/2/14 17:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
On a related matter just got my May copy of Hemmings Classic car magazine and another local car that Randy and I see often at our Saturday night cruise has made the latest edition. The car is 1933 Nash Ambassador Brougham the owner has 18 Nashes 15 from 1932 -34. I would call him a serious collector the pictures do not show how nice the car is you have to see it in person. We are lucky that we have this many nice cars in our area

Attach file:

jpg  (118.09 KB)
252_56e3af9e87c44.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2016/3/11 21:18
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Those Nash Ambassadors are some of the most elegant, impressive, quality cars ever to issue from Kenosha. For the luxury car owner at the nadir of the Depression who was determined to continue driving a quality car but couldn't quite swing a $2,385 Packard Eight 1002 or found the $2,150 Eight 1001 models lacking the space and impressive look they sought, an $1,855 Ambassador 1190 could easily fill the bill.

The downside was Nash had entered the near-luxury market with their 1930 490 Twin-Ignition Eight" to take advantage of the 'prosperity' which was rapidly disappearing. Through the succession of Series 890, 990, 1090, 1190 and 1290, the top-line Eights developed into full-blown luxury cars for reasonable prices. How well they sold is unknown as figures are unavailable.

After the 1934 models, Charlie Nash realized competing in the shrinking luxury segment was futile for a medium-price carmaker. Coming to the same conclusion as did Studebaker, both Ambassador and President became their eight cylinder versions of their more popular sixes. Shortly, they would find a worthy competitor from East Grand Boulevard vying for those same limited Depression dollars. At least in the case of the Studebaker President, the 120 was a run-away success by comparison.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/3/13 10:13
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved