Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

49 dash switch removal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a gentleman on the PAC site who is trying to remove dash switches from his 49. I've shared a couple of photos of the assy and nuts that BDeB provided plus some general instructions but he is still having problems. It has been too long since I removed them to suggest the next step. Wondering if someone here who has done it recently can offer any suggestions for the problem he is having.
http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1253#p18281

Posted on: 2016/2/12 12:01
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: 49 dash switch removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
There shouldn't be any other fasteners but the main wiring harness that connects to the headlight switch on the side of the assembly that does not want to move is quite rigid and becomes stiffer with age.

Posted on: 2016/2/12 13:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Deskdriver
See User information
BDeb, you are correct, no other fasteners but I noticed that my radio, which is heavy, rides on the switch assembly. I assume Packard placed the rubber pieces in the assembly to stop any metal to metal contact and to soften the blow for the radio tubes.

I had to push up on the back of the radio to get my assembly out to work on it.

Since starting to write this I crawled under my dash and had a look. There is a brace for the radio go to who knows where, mine doesn't have any thing holding it or bolted to it. You never know who owned the car before, someone could have added a brace or something similar preventing the assembly to be easily removed.

Attach file:

jpg  (87.18 KB)
67700_56bf91ab98fcc.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2016/2/13 15:27
[url=http://packardinf
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Deskdriver, Thanks for adding that bit on the radio. I had forgotten it sat close or even on the switches. I linked your post to PAC and also an illustration of the radio arrangement so hopefully the gentleman will visit and see your reminder.

Posted on: 2016/2/13 18:13
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved