Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Autolite/Delco Remy
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I see in the specs for 1951-54 Packard that they list using both brands on their cars. Question, did they mix them on the same car or did they use all of one brand or the other on the same car. Starter, generator, distributor?

John

Posted on: 2016/2/13 14:05
 Top  Print   

Re: Autolite/Delco Remy
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Typically the same brand on the same car. It varies a bit and I don't know if there is a list or chart showing a definite use per model but thru 54 usually you found AL on more senior models. That seemed to change for V8s when Delco was on senior models and AL was on Clippers

Posted on: 2016/2/13 14:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Autolite/Delco Remy
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It varied a bit from year to year so best to check the parts book for specifics but generally the senior models used one and the lesser models used the other. The object of dual sourcing of course was to have two suppliers of essentially equivalent components, just as they did with tires.

Posted on: 2016/2/13 14:36
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved