Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 91

JD in KC, 37Blanche, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard steering box shim adjustment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Also check the center steering link bearings. If you can move the arm up and down with the suspension unloaded, they are shot...

Posted on: 2016/5/5 23:02
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard steering box shim adjustment
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
On my '41 120 I found that the steering box needed no adjustment, as the car has 47K on it. The problem was narrowed down to the rubber bushing in the pittman arm. It became mushy from exposure to long -term grease and oil contamination. I have a new one on the way made by Steele rubber products. When moving the steering wheel back and forth, the pittman arm was moving, but the link was not. Problem solved!

Posted on: 2016/5/6 8:30
Proudly using my real name for 67 years.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved