Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 164

BigKev, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)

Re: New Gas Tank Issue
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

John Sauser
See User information
Guy's enough already, This horse died 10 pages ago!!!

Posted on: 2016/8/31 9:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm just glad the vendor that is selling these gas tanks was able to learn enough about the problem to now provide a solution.
I'm sure Jed is thrilled aboout it too.

Hopefuly, when this problem is resolved we can continue on with more V8 oil pump, BTV and maybe even radiator discussions.

God Bless PackardInfo.com. Amen and Amen!!!

Posted on: 2016/8/31 10:01
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
when I get a tank...and if I have leaking....i'll just fill in the hole as suggested.

I'm glad there is a new tank being made (and hopefully other years) even if it takes a small dab of jb weld to fix an issue.

I don't discount what Kanter has done for the Packard community. Do I look at some of the prices with crazy eyes, sure, but I'm still glad they carry all these parts.

Posted on: 2016/8/31 11:39
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2016/9/1 20:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I agree. I think he has the decimal point one digit too far to the right.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/9/1 22:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Before we commence our project of making 37-50 gas tanks I want to make an open invitation to all members to do this project. Get samples, confirm, decide what gallonage ( a guess), decide how many of each tank ( guess) finance it, approve samples (often 2 or 3 times), inventory them and ship them to arrive two days before the order is placed so the customer can make it the Sunday show. And wait a couple of years or m ore before you see your first dollar of profit.

Biggest undertaking is to respond to each and every question.

Go for it!!

Posted on: 2016/9/2 10:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
WOW,
I thought the last gas cap was too high,
This one is ridiculous
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Packard-accessory-electric-locking-gas-cap-/131942628694?hash=item1eb864bd56:g:HGYAAOSwmLlX3e1M&vxp=mtr

How does this cap work?

Posted on: 2016/9/18 15:02
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It's from one of our vendors too so he must be adding the pin up art as the pricy part. I am thinking the cap is a permanent mount to cars with an external fender mounted cap. The offset base looks like it can rotate to a position that either facilitates use or maybe orients the art correctly. Looks like it then uses the two clips and screws to attach permanently to the gas tank filler neck. When refilling it looks like the chrome part is hinged so it must lift up.

I don't see any obvious sign of a lock so not sure why it is a locking cap although there was an old company called Lek-Tro Lock which had some electrically operated commercial door locks. It is owned by someone else now and still in business but since that is made by a company called Lek-Tro Lox I wonder if there could be something like that involved..

Posted on: 2016/9/18 15:16
Howard
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved