Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

C2C and 21st series sheetmetal
Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Does anybody know what happened to Classic2Current's selection of sheetmetal for 20th/21st series Clippers? I just checked their website and they no longer list any products for '42-'47 Clippers. I'm sure they did in the past but now all I can find are panels for the bathtubs and later models.

SG

Posted on: 2016/4/26 19:34
 Top  Print 

Re: C2C and 21st series sheetmetal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Might want to cal them directly.
They sell through some distributors that might have stock, if they made any.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 20:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I was going to suggest a call too. It appears to be a new website since the last time I bought something. As I recall they did not have much specific to 41-47 Clippers then. Since many pieces interchange with the 48 - 50s I wonder if they actually discontinued or just maybe tweaked and consolidated offerings. Maybe there is a problem with the way their website search works or the headings.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 20:42
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Quote:
Since many pieces interchange with the 48 - 50s

That was my second question. All I'm really concerned with are the floor panels (incl. trunk) and the inner/outer rockers. I'd read that the 22nd/23rd series was an exterior reskin so I was guessed that the floor/trunk panels would interchange but the rockers have me worried. So, does anybody know if the 20/21 series and 22/23 series rockers interchange?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 23:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The inner rockers might, but the outers will not. The Clippers are flat on the outside edge to accommodate the moldings, the tubs roll under.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 5:50
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I bought the 22nd trunk floor for my 21st. Shape wise it looks good and will work if your rust is in the floor area proper. The depressions for the body bolts are not as deep as the original though. I suspect that is because C2C might not be able to stamp deeply so you would have to do work in that area. Issue is the item is flat and fits from the wheel well back but it does not have the rear bent down flange that connects to the vertical body piece under the lid. That is where I had my rust so didn't wind up using the floor panel.

Since just about everyone who has used the interior floor pieces report that they are a good starting point but not a drop in fit and cutting and fitting is necessary even on models they were made for, I suspect the same would be true if a 22nd piece was used on a 21st.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 10:01
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Thanks for the insights. I'm trying to decide whether I should move ahead with repairs or let someone else tackle this project. If I can't get panels that are at least a reasonably close fit, the cost of having the parts custom made from scratch will make the decision for me.

I just find it strange that, given some of the obscure items they advertise, they wouldn't offer some basic pieces for the early Clippers. I'll give them a call and see what they have to say on the matter.

SG

Posted on: 2016/4/27 22:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Scott, might be helpful to know that the rocker panels we got from C2C were absolutely straight, while the originals have a very gentle curve front to back.

Posted on: 2016/4/28 0:18
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Quote:
Scott, might be helpful to know that the rocker panels we got from C2C were absolutely straight, while the originals have a very gentle curve front to back.

I'm curious, what did you do to get them to fit?

Posted on: 2016/4/28 7:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Sorry Scott, the body guy bent them somehow.

Posted on: 2016/4/28 12:39
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved