Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25)

Re: Kanter's 1952 Packard Limo Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
A major contribution to the packardinfo site is to upload content here which is then copyrighted by the site. Certainly participation from vendors on this site is a good thing, solving problems for people needing a part.

But vendors who are actually participating in the hobby are creating goodwill for their organizations as well as supporting the effort. I'm sure all Packard vendors realize this and donate money to help Big Kev keep this going as well as encourage others to give to the site as flackmaster has done many times.

Just a suggestion, but, now that we know what Photobucket is saying it's worth, maybe put that $399 toward packardinfo to help pay for some enhancements that might make it easier or faster for everyone to upload photos.

Posted on: 2017/7/17 16:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Joe,

How many vendors participate on this site giving advice and information and how many of them are up at 2:30 am doing so?

Posted on: 2017/7/18 1:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Quote:

JoeSantana wrote:
A major contribution to the packardinfo site is to upload content here which is then copyrighted by the site. Certainly participation from vendors on this site is a good thing, solving problems for people needing a part.

But vendors who are actually participating in the hobby are creating goodwill for their organizations as well as supporting the effort. I'm sure all Packard vendors realize this and donate money to help Big Kev keep this going as well as encourage others to give to the site as flackmaster has done many times.

Just a suggestion, but, now that we know what Photobucket is saying it's worth, maybe put that $399 toward packardinfo to help pay for some enhancements that might make it easier or faster for everyone to upload photos.

Hi Joe

The main reason that I do not load the photos on the site is that I post these pictures on multiple forums/sites. So by loading them to a photo sharing site it allows me to just embeded a link that makes the image appear on a post. If I were to do it the way you suggest it would work but I would have to the load the photo to each of the forums and or social media platforms which would be time consuming. The way that I do it allows me to use one link for all the forums or areas that I post a photo.

As for the donating to the forum to aid in with technical cost and servers that is something that I have discussed with Kev, but he had respectfully declined as he doesn't want the forum swayed towards one vendor over another. He would like to see a level playing field for all vendors of Packard parts whether they are on the site contributing or not. Which I do agree with him on.

I do appreciate your input and I looking into alternatives as we speak.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2017/7/18 10:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Any news on this project? This has been a favorite of mine to follow!

Posted on: 2017/8/4 9:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
It has been a awhile since an update. We have been busy with the move of our offices and Packard dept to our larger building up town. We hope to complete the move in the next few months. So that has slowed down the limo project. But early this week some time was spent fitting more of the panels.

As a side note for the photos that were shared in this thread that were housed on photobucket. I have found a way for google chrome users to still view these photos. You will need to follow this link and click the add to chrome in the right hand upper corner. Then you should be able to view the photos again.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fix-embedded-photobucket/cdngpnpgjighldbibdgpddaieidknhlf/related?hl=en

Attach file:

jpg  (138.30 KB)
4769_59e10fa6f0cb3.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  (173.55 KB)
4769_59e10fbb798b9.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 2017/10/13 14:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
Great to see an update on the restoration of this historic Packard!

Posted on: 2017/10/13 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Anymore updates on the Packard limo? I know you guys have been busy in moving to new quarters. This car has come a long way for sure.
John

Posted on: 2019/6/2 20:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Great pics. Glad you are getting a little time for some progress.

Posted on: 2019/6/3 7:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved