Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

‘29 633 Mel, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rebuilding the Packard patrician engine
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nivek123
See User information
Does anyone know where to find the information for clearances on the hydraulic lifters for the Packard patrician and check. It is the big engine with the hydraulic lifters and I need to know what to measure and how so I know the clearance between valves and lifter after assembly and the procedure for doing it. Big Kev any ideas? Kevin

Posted on: 2016/5/6 15:51
 Top  Print 

Re: Rebuilding the Packard patrician engine
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's all in the shop manual. With the cam lobe down it's 0.030" to 0.070" between the valve stem and the gauge block which replaces the lifter body for the purposes of measurement.

The gauge block is available as a reproduction tool. This topic has been covered dozens and dozens of times, use the Search tool and you should find all you need to know. In one of those old posts I gave the dimensions of the gauge block should you chose to make one. I used to loan them out but too many folks failed to return them.

Posted on: 2016/5/6 16:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
dave what do you enter to find it,

I can never find posts

Posted on: 2016/5/7 18:00
Riki
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Tim
See User information
http://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/servicemanual5556/Sect09_Engine.pdf
On page 23 it tells what the tappet clearance should be.
One way to find information is to go to the "Search" heading at the top right corner of the page. To find this info I went to the section at the left "Packard Literature and Manuals" and went down the page to "Service, Shop & Training Manuals", clicked on "more" and then down the page until it showed "1955-1956 Packard Service Manual". Then click on "Engine". Hope this helps!

Posted on: 2016/5/13 16:07
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Was the OP asking about a 55/56 V8? I assumed he was inquiring about a 327/359 Patrician engine.

Posted on: 2016/5/13 17:38
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved