Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 71

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Transmission Swap
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Phil53
See User information
After reading the discussion on this thread, there seems to be a sizeable number of owners that would prefer to keep these cars original with the Ultramatic or TU except for the lack of qualified rebuilders. Maybe before we lose the few that are left, we could train through videos people interested in providing this service to the next generation of Packard owners.

Posted on: 2017/5/1 21:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I must say that I've been thoroughly satisfied with the performance of my '56 Twin Ultra since Ross' rebuild some years back. I couldn't ask for better.

Posted on: 2017/5/1 22:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i'm by no means qualified, but I did read through as much instruction as I could from Packard and rebuilt my own TU. it really wasn't rocket science. I just dove in.

I have no idea if I was successful, since the car doesn't run and is an ongoing project, but all the pieces went in where they go and when I started the car, it did move the back wheels while they were in the air.

Posted on: 2017/5/2 8:49
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
I have a 1955 400 that i bought in 2003 I have replaced 3 ultras in this car; the best was the original which lasted 51 years until it gave up on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Of those three rebuilt Ultras NONE lasted for more than 2 years. In 2014 I had Bendtsens 700r conversion kit and a GM transmission installed in my car; although it cost a boatload of cash to do it (about 4K) the car has never been better! The last time I drove to Hershey for the car show I drove from my home (Philadelphia Pa) to Hershey and used only about 5 gal of gas I could not believe it. The car also has more performance and far more guts than it ever had before.

Posted on: 2017/5/8 19:36
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved