Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1949 Packard 23rd series Custom 8 fuel pump
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
Hi all,
Back again. I have been playing with Packards for 50 years, but have never owned a Custom 8 until now. It is a 1949 23rd series Custom 8 with the 356 engine. My question is ,is the fuel pump the same for the 288, 327, and the 356? I want to put my spare fuel pump for the 288 on the 356. Will that work?
Thanks,
Mike

Posted on: 2016/6/26 13:33
Proudly using my real name for 67 years.
 Top  Print 

Re: 1949 Packard 23rd series Custom 8 fuel pump
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Mike:

The 22nd and 23rd Series Custom 8 share the same fuel pump which is different from that used in the 288 and 327 engines. Certainly we're all glad to answer questions but are you aware that the 1948 thru 54 Parts List is available on line here - I'd suggest taking some time to get familiar with it, you will find that it can answer many similar questions.

Posted on: 2016/6/26 13:37
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
Thanks, OD. I will search for it and check it out.
Thank you,
Mike

Posted on: 2016/6/26 15:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
The fuel pumps are the same except for the orientation of the lower fuel section.
On the Custom 8 the fuel inlet is towards the front of the car and the outlet to the carburetor is towards the rear.
It is opposite for the 288 and 327 with the inlet to the rear and the outlet to the front.
Pumps can be exchanged between the different engines by removing the screws that retain the lower part of the pump to the main body and rotating it to suit.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 0:55
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mike Burkhart
See User information
BDeb,
That is great information! I did not know that. I appreciate you giving me the info that I need. Have a great day!!
Mike

Posted on: 2016/6/27 6:51
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved