Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 86

Ozstatman, Tobs, BigKev, Mr.Pushbutton , Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

OD, One more question about the B K Vacuum Booster
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
O.D., How critical is the rubber shaft ? cover ? I can't read the parts numbers very well but maybe it is SX 10738?
My cover is dried out, cracked and just slides around on the shaft and is no longer attached down toward the booster cylinder itself.
This may be the least of my problems as I've just discovered it (the booster cylinder) and haven't checked it out at all.
Are any of these parts still available ?
Thanks,
Tom

Posted on: 2016/6/30 14:52
 Top  Print   

Re: OD, One more question about the B K Vacuum Booster
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You're asking about the rubber bellows on the cylinder shaft? Well, yes it's important in that it prevents dirt and grit from getting on the shaft, carried into the seal, and then abrading the shaft and seal as it moves in and out. I think it's available from Steele Rubber but if not, it is probably available from Brian Joseph at Classic & Exotic who has almost all the critical B-K parts reproduced for Packard, Duesenberg, and the other makes that used B-K systems. The diaphragms in both the variable boost control valve and the actuating valve were originally made of paper and somewhat remarkably many still remain functional today but you might consider changing them, Brian has them reproduced as well, in rubber. I'm pretty sure he also offers rebuilding services.

Posted on: 2016/6/30 15:06
 Top  Print   

Re: OD, One more question about the B K Vacuum Booster
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
O. D., As always, I can't thank you enough !
So very much appreciated.
Tom

Posted on: 2016/6/30 18:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved