Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Looking for the "Perfect" Packard Engine Paint
Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Where to find the absolute color or shade? 1st try the eye doctor or your own color blind test. A large percent of American males are color blind to some degree. Next, where would one find color that took the least amount of abuse due to atmospheric and thermal cycling conditions? I found some on original 34 12 timing cover studs. Yes, timing cover studs. I took the most paint covered and clean stud and aggressive use of Meguire's 3 revealed what I thought was the best example ever. Never burned or exposed to sunlight, "protected" by the timing cover. Guess what? Both Hirsch and Kanter have it nearly perfect. I stopped making my own when the DAU paint system was dropped by PPG. Isocyanates or something like that removed the greatest paint system ever from the market. Engine or fender, same awesome quality and handling. If my client bought it from Kanter I'm using it. Hirsch? Using it. Since my clients enjoy significant awards too numerous to list I'm gonna say either one will make you smile. I just used some Kanter green on a Clipper and it changed color a little once it's been heated. So what, it's clean and green, close enough. Sometimes we need to remember not to take this stuff, or in fact ourselves, too seriously. That 3 letter word, "FUN", rules. Don't make it the 4 letter version.

Posted on: 2016/9/24 8:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved