Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1936 120 Tool Kit
Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
As a novice, I was wondering if there was a tool kit that came with the 120 in 1936, was it an optional accessory, or none at all except the jack.
It seems like they had to have a lug wrench and some basic tools included with the car after a history of a major tool kit in the teen on the running boards
Don't see it in the owners manual, don't see it the the parts book (it could be there, I am still learning how to decipher the parts book)
And is there a good reproduction of this tool kit made that I have not found yet?
Thanks again for your time
Will

Posted on: 2016/7/8 14:45
 Top  Print   

Re: 1936 120 Tool Kit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
There is a Spanish edition of the 1936 Packard 120 Brochure available on this site. Page 14 has "Una rueda de repuesto. Equipo de gato y herramientas. ", which I beleive translates into "A spare wheel. Jack and tools equipment."

It should be noted that I am challenged when it comes to any language other than English and by English teachers might even question my proficiency of English.

Posted on: 2016/7/8 18:20
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Pacdon
See User information
Will

The basic tools that came with the 1936 120's was the hammer, screwdriver, pliers and the 9" adjustable wrench. These were in a pouch and were in the trunk with the jack etc. The pouch was reproduced but are no longer available. You could get a full set of tools from the dealer when you picked up you new Packard. These are listed in the parts list. I collected Packard Tools and Jacks for 25 years and have been clearing them out. Will try to attach a picture of the 36 tools .

Attach file:

jpg  (183.23 KB)
3210_5785a4810dd92.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2016/7/12 21:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
Very cool but I would have expected more. I saw a tool kit from the teens on the running board, and it was impressive
Thanks again
W

Posted on: 2016/7/14 14:28
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
In the "Teens" good roads, garages, and mechanics were still few and far between. You had to be your own mechanic!

Posted on: 2016/7/14 15:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
From the teens to the mid 30's cars underwent massive improvements. As such there were fewer and fewer on the road breakdowns thus fewer tools were needed in the tool kit.

By the 50's Packard tools included a jack, handle/lug wrench and a spark plug/ fender skirt bolt wrench.

Nowadays many cars have no tools at all and even no spare.

Progress.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 15:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
If you say so Fred......

Posted on: 2016/7/14 15:39
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Pacdon
See User information
All the above are true. But as I stated in the above reply you could get a full set of tools when you picked up your new Packard. There was about a dozen or more tools in the big set plus grease gun and tire pump available from the dealer.

Posted on: 2016/7/14 16:17
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nmbecker
See User information
Is there a source for a 50's fender skirt/spark plug wrench?

Posted on: 2016/8/3 11:45
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved