Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
97 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

ID'ing correct radiator
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Fleet Butterfield
See User information
My Fleet's 54 327ci didn't come with a radiator installed, but there was one in the trunk. There is a stamped square on the top tank with the numbers 288 stamped inside this square. Am I to presume this means that it's for a 288 engine? If it is, I will be looking for a 327 radiator.
Also, I must have a support for the radiator missing as the 288 one I have has nothing to bolt to off the cross member radiator support. Hope I made that understandable.

Posted on: 2016/7/15 0:01
 Top  Print 

Re: ID'ing correct radiator
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Take a look at my blog. Same car as yours. My radiator is also stamped with "288".

Posted on: 2016/7/16 16:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Fleet Butterfield
See User information
WOW! 218 posts. It's gonna take me awhile even using the search feature. Guess I will be spending a lot of time looking thru your posts for info as I need it. Thanks for posting so much with pics too!

Posted on: 2016/7/16 21:43
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You're welcome!

Posted on: 2016/7/16 22:27
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I'll be of no help, only here to sow confusion. My radiator has a tag on it that says "327" on it, and that's the engine I have also. Guess we should look in the parts book to see if there are different part numbers which might mean different capacities or something, although I think the specs for the cars all list the same cooling system capacity.

Attach file:

jpg  (90.85 KB)
34001_5793e2ba6ec5a.jpg 612X816 px

Posted on: 2016/7/23 16:33
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved