Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 71

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Closed Transporters
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The car is being transported for sure, not driven the 2000 miles over the Rockies. Plus, we are already driving 3 cars to as it is. Calif to Denver, Denver to Chicago, which is about 14 driving hours per day. This will be the fourth time I have done that drive.

The plan is to load all the spare parts into the car to keep everything together. As it is, we are going to be Tetris-ing everything into the moving truck to make it fit.

Timing is an interesting thing, I actually don't want it delivered too fast. I want it picked up before the moving truck arrives here in California, so its out of the way. But delivered after we get to Illinois. So, if they took a week to get it there, that would be perfect.

Posted on: 2016/7/25 12:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
Kevin - be sure to check with the carrier before planning on transporting items in the car. I've shipped several cars and the carrier always required the car empty. No spare parts, tools, fluids, nothing. This is not something you want to learn on move day!

Posted on: 2016/7/25 14:30
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Passport quoted me $2300
Reliable quoted me $2160
United Routes quoted me $1750

All have A+ ratings

Posted on: 2016/7/25 16:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The cost difference between Reliable and Passport was about the same for the Avanti. I went with Passport because it was recommended by the seller, and not that much more money. He commented that Reliable is closely tied to the show circuit and this is what determines their scheduling.

Good suggestion about parts being shipped with the car. I shipped a 240Z from Austin to Santa Fe with lots of parts and stuff in the car. They were well packed in boxes and secured with straps. Also, a spare 5-speed transmission went along with the car, but not in it. He strapped the transmission to the trailer floor. The carrier, a private one, was willing to transport the car and parts for no extra charges.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/7/25 16:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
Kev-

waiting on my partner to give me the carriers we use. LA to New Buffalo area we pay $1500-1800.

T

Posted on: 2016/7/25 18:08
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
with that price rent a simi,,, then pick up some coors in Denver,,,and we will call you snowman!,,,got your ears on!

Posted on: 2016/7/27 1:36
Riki
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved