Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
31 user(s) are online (23 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 30

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packards GB Summer Meeting
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Miles
See User information
Calling all Packard owners in Great Britain! I know it's a bit late but we have a summer meeting for Sunday lunch followed by a 14-mile road run on August 7th. Location between Oxford and High Wycombe off of the M40 - for more info email me on packards@sgmpublishing.co.uk

Posted on: 2016/7/25 15:26
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards GB Summer Meeting
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Steve Miles,
to PackardInfo and for including your '51 400 (Patrician) Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2016/7/25 16:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Miles
See User information
Hi Mal

Thanks for the welcome, good to be on board. Do you have many Packard owners in Aus? I have family in Qld and dos visit sometimes, would be good to see the odd Packard!
Steve

Posted on: 2016/7/26 8:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Steve:

I wish I could join you folks there across the pond with my '55 Clipper Constellation. Here's an example of why:

About a month ago temperatures in the Washington Metro Area were in the high 90s with high humidity. Not the optimal time to drive an antique car without air conditioning. I had driven my Clipper from Northern Virginia to northern Maryland to see Ross Miller about fixing the Torsion-Level suspension.

Everything was fine when I left his garage, but I took a wrong turn in Baltimore and ended up on city streets in the late afternoon during rush-hour traffic. I was royally lost, but luckily kind people directed me toward I-95 to Washington. However, getting to the interstate meant driving at about an average of 5 miles per hour in the blazing heat. Neither I nor my trusty Clipper were loving life at that point!

Once I got back on the highway cruising at about 70 mph, my car and I cooled off significantly and things were OK.

My point is this: Your weather at this time of the year is wonderful in the UK. The people are friendly and kind to us unruly Americans, and I wish I could join you on your tour. Happy trouble-free Packard motoring!

Craig C.

Posted on: 2016/7/26 14:19
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Miles
See User information
Hi Craig - we'd love to have you join us but someone left the Atlantic Ocean in the way...
I hope your weather is bit kinder right now - it's on the cool side here but okay. I'd love a V8 Clipper - there are a few over here but any Packard is pretty rare.

Best wishes
Steve

Posted on: 2016/7/26 14:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Steve,

We have an active club here, the Packard Automobile Club of Australia, of which I'm the Secretary - see this link to our Website. About 160 members with approx 400 Packards. Most active in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia with members in other states including Queensland. Many members are looking forward to our National Rally centered at Victor Harbor in SA in Sept/Oct. I'm also looking, in conjunction with a Brisbane member, to put together a run in SE Queensland next year, don't have any details yet but if you're in the vicinity at the time you could join us!

Posted on: 2016/7/26 16:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Miles
See User information
Hi Mal
You're a lot stronger than us here in the UK! We have about 35 members, a few more cars, but the club here has been pretty moribund for some years. I'm hoping to revive it, hence our road-run, but the response hasn't been overwhelming...

Keep me posted ref your Qld run - if I can time a visit to Aus to fit in it would be great! Haven't been Down Under for 4 years so getting withdrawal symptoms anyway. If your run is later in the year I might well be able to make it (I hope) but I'll have to leave The Duchess at home.

Best wishes
Steve

Posted on: 2016/7/27 3:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Steve,

Will do.

You might also post over on the PAC Website in their Shows, Events & Judging Forums. There are a number of UK Packard people using that Site who we don't see on board here.

Posted on: 2016/7/27 3:44
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Miles
See User information
Thanks Mal - just posted it on the PAC forum! We'll see if we can stir up some more cars to join us. This is our first summer event for many years, so I guess it'll take a while to get people involved again.

Cheers
Steve

Posted on: 2016/7/27 4:02
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

paul hartfield
See User information
Hi I have a 1936 Packard super 8 sedan but modified to take part in classic long distance rallies ,unfortunately not running well at present
as changing carbs but will be ok by the new year.
I am also out the uk on the 7th august but best of luck with the meeting.
If you have any other meets etc please let me know.aphartfield@yahoo.co.uk.

Posted on: 2016/7/29 8:12
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved