Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
142 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 139

BigKev, TxGoat, acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Wire from switch to coil too hot to touch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I like everything you have drawn and done, with one exception, or question - I am concerned about your faith in the hose clamp and small L brackets to hold it all back together. Epoxy/JBWeld is good stuff and possibly a better method considering the inherent vibration.

Posted on: 2016/8/9 15:05
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Zach Dillinger
See User information
That is certainly a possibility. I basically copied the idea from the other end of the cable, where it attaches to the coil with bent over tabs. If the bracket method fails I'll epoxy it. I could also get one of the syringe style epoxies and shoot some between the wire plate and the lock body, that should certainly hold it in conjunction with the brackets.

Basically the bracket method was an attempt to make it easy to get it all back apart in case I screwed something up.

Posted on: 2016/8/9 15:21
"I was going to buy my girl a Packard car for Christmas, but it took too long to deliver, so I bought her some handkerchiefs." - the inimitable Mr. Benny
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
be careful with jb weld, especially quick weld. it has metal bits in it and can conduct electricity. even though a small amount.

I made sure to look this up before fixing my key switch tonight.

not sure about regular epoxy though.

Posted on: 2016/8/24 22:52
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved