Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
169 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 168

packardbill, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1939 Packard Twelve valve noise
Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Impressive diagnostic work.

Back in the 60's I worked on a '34 Twelve Formal Sedan that had been sitting since '51. Leaky head caused by corrosion around the water passages, heads stuck on due to corrosion around studs. Had to have water passages welded and ground, frozen piston removed with a 5 lb hammer, got it running to find there were several noisy valves caused by stuck silencers. Rislone etc to no avail, engine came apart much more easily. Removed valves, guides, lifter blocks, found stuck silencers and fixed them but after re-assembly one of the silencers didn't understand that it had been fixed.

Repeat above, this time I could do it with my eyes closed.

On posting a video so we can her it run, if it's like the '34 it's a waste of time. A properly running V-12 is perfectly silent.

Beautiful automobile.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 7:21
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

rhanna
See User information
It has been a fun project so far...The engine is silent now... Is there a way to post a video here?

Posted on: 2016/9/28 15:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
Why don't you post a video on YouTube and put a link to it here.Also I'm curious to find out how much it cost to fix it.

Posted on: 2016/10/1 0:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved