Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Removing a 51 from an old garage
Just popping in
Just popping in

Gus2015
See User information
Thanks everyone for the advice. We got her out today and in the end it was a matter of brute force. The situation was worse than I originally thought. When I pulled everything out from around the car it was a first floor garage with most of the studs rotted out. It was a wonder the garage was still standing. The front of the car had sunk up to the axles. I dug under the car until we could hook the cross member and we used that to pull it onto a flat bed. I'm afraid I ended up damaging the oil pan. All brakes were seized. It is an automatic and I did manage to get it out of park.

The interior is remarkably good and there are only a few rust areas visible on the body at this point.

I'll try to figure out how to attache a couple of photos.

Posted on: 2016/8/21 18:50
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved