Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
79 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: Moving Progress...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Nice fit for the old girl...An easy trip north and east. That Clipper is really lucky BigKev saved it from the gas station parking lot! Kevin and Nicole are on their way I'll bet. Ernie

Posted on: 2016/9/28 17:18
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
We leave at O-Dark early on Sat morning. Closing down the house here over the next couple of days.

Posted on: 2016/9/28 19:21
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
have a safe trip dude!

Posted on: 2016/9/28 20:05
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kev, by the time you read this you will be in your new home. Travel safely and take care. Awaiting your "The Clipper Has Landed" message.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/10/1 15:23
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Have a safe trip to the windy city (that is not as windy as west Texas)

Posted on: 2016/10/1 15:33
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Anyone heard from Kevan?? John

Posted on: 2016/10/8 8:50
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes, both the family and the Packard have landed safely. Probably take me several weeks until I can get the garage unpacked. Currently, we are playing the "What box is the X in?!?"

Packard arrived in perfect shape and a day early. The driver was great and was local to the new house. He actually looked exactly like Mike for American Pickers, but with the mustache.

We sold off out old couches and a few other pieces before the move as we knew we wouldn't have room on the truck for it. So, we spent the last few days replacing those pieces so we would have somewhere to sit. It will probably take about 2 weeks to get fully unpacked.

I did my first commute this morning, which is down a flight of stairs and across the family room to my home office.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 7:49
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
The garage stuff should be the first to be unpacked....

Posted on: 2016/10/10 8:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Glad all arrived safely - good luck!

Posted on: 2016/10/10 8:29
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sorry, I've been off the grid. Trying to get caught up on work and also unpack the house. But I have managed to get a few things done:

Mission successful on getting 4 cars registered in Illinois. Three new plates and tags acquired and one temp plate until the antique vehicle plate arrives from the state. I must say the DMV here was 100x faster, friendlier and more efficient that the ones in Calif. I'd still be in line at the first window there.

In addition to the "Official" Antique Plate from the state, I found out that the YOM (Year of Manufacturer) license plate statute in Illinois makes things a breeze. You just put a set of YOM on the car, and carry your "official" plates and registration in the car for inspection as needed. You don't even have to register them with the state or anything.

So $37 on eBay, and a set of original 1954 Illinois plates are on the way to me.

Illinois Statute:

(625 ILCS 5/3-804) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 3-804)
Sec. 3-804. Antique vehicles.
(a) The owner of an antique vehicle may register such vehicle for a fee not to exceed $13 for a 2-year antique plate. The application for registration must be accompanied by an affirmation of the owner that such vehicle will be driven on the highway only for the purpose of going to and returning from an antique auto show or an exhibition, or for servicing or demonstration and also affirming that the mechanical condition, physical condition, brakes, lights, glass and appearance of such vehicle is the same or as safe as originally equipped. The Secretary may, in his discretion prescribe that antique vehicle plates be issued for a definite or an indefinite term, such term to correspond to the term of registration plates issued generally, as provided in Section 3-414.1. In no event may the registration fee for antique vehicles exceed $6 per registration year. Any person requesting antique plates under this Section may also apply to have vanity or personalized plates as provided under Section 3-405.1.
(b) Any person who is the registered owner of an antique vehicle may display a historical license plate from or representing the model year of the vehicle, furnished by such person, in lieu of the current and valid Illinois antique vehicle plates issued thereto, provided that valid and current Illinois antique vehicle plates and registration card issued to such antique vehicle are simultaneously carried within such vehicle and are available for inspection.
(Source: P.A. 91-37, eff. 7-1-99.)

Posted on: 2016/10/26 15:24
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved