Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 123

29tons, John Sauser, kevinpackard, JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Light positions on 35 senior eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

AJS
See User information
My 1935 senior eight has four light positions. In park the parking bulbs come on. In city I get low beams. In drive I get high beams, but in the third position "passing" I get a high beam on one headlight and low beam on the other. Not wanting to assume anything and not being able to find the information, and I have looked, is this a short in my wiring or is the passing signal of the day.
Thank you
Andy

Posted on: 2016/8/25 10:27
 Top  Print 

Re: Light positions on 35 senior eight
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe the same switch was used in 36 and different switch but same functions in 38. Here is the 36 description of operation. The 38 description is almost the same but mentions one light going on city beam and other staying on high depending on the foot switch.

Attach file:

jpg  (165.22 KB)
209_57bf102ed3382.jpg 1234X1120 px

Posted on: 2016/8/25 10:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Nothing wrong with your headlights. What you have described was practiced by Packard, and probably others too, before standardized sealed beam bulbs were mandated for the 1940 model year. The low beam on the LH side and high beam on the RH side allowed for a good view of the darkened road without blinding oncoming traffic.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2016/8/25 10:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
don't feel bad, I was totally confused by this as well on my 37 when I first got it. when I hit the switch on the floor on the 37 it will make the left light go from low to high beam, but the right stays on high.

I'm also 12v conversion and sealed beams. fyi.

Posted on: 2016/8/25 12:04
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

AJS
See User information
Thank you!
After almost removing the extra starter button from under the dash, but not, then wondering why the oil pan was equipped with an oil level sender but no gauge, then figuring that one out, I was hoping my lights were as they were supposed to be.

Posted on: 2016/8/25 12:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information

Posted on: 2016/8/25 14:02
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved