Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 150

TxGoat, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1937-1940 repro gas tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
In 37-40 there were 2 basic tanks, small about 17 gal for sixes and large about 20 gal for all others.

We are planning to make the larger tank which will fit all chassis, it's just a bit deeper. When fitting to a six you will need to use longer straps which we can supply.

When using the six cyl tank float/ tube it will read accurately but will leave 3 gal in the tank when reading empty. If you solder a short extension on the pickup tube (we can supply) then you can use all then gas. When it reads empty you will have a "reserve " of 3 gallons.

Comments, intelligent ones that is.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 20:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
technical question - why not sell/use the deep sender/pickup? other than the color change 115c/120c, the 38/39/40 gauges are the same 110/120, so I strongly suspect the gauge FUNCTION would be the same in 37 as well?

Posted on: 2016/9/1 23:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
On senders etc.

Yes the gauge function is the same 37-40. We do not want to make the new tank any more expensive than it needs to be thus we want to sell the tank by itself and not require a new sending unit/float be purchased for any of them.

I gave the explanation so that future customers would understand that there are limitations due to our desire to keep the cost low as possible. That is why we are going to make only the larger tank instead of both.

Furthermore, IF we make the sending unit we will most likely do only the one for the larger tank.

The Ford/Chevy market is quite different from Packard, Ford/Chevy is so large that you can afford to make each and every variation in quantity. We made the center steering bushing for 39-42 in 1978 and still have quite a few left. Name another industry where sellers keep a 38+ year inventory

Posted on: 2016/9/1 23:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Fred,

How is this project progressing? Any updates?

Posted on: 2018/2/21 15:21
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Chuck McDonald
See User information
When will the tank be available I have a 37 120C

Posted on: 2018/4/2 13:02
Chuck McDonald
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Chuck McDonald,
First post so to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '37 120C in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2018/4/2 16:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I signed up for a tank 2 years ago, along with a few others. How many orders are needed to get them into production with a $300-$500 price like the other Kanter tanks?

Last week, with a sample tank or plans, The Restoration Garage offered to make Stainless tanks. I put myself on that list, too. For all kinds of reasons, stainless is they way to go. If the tank on the '61 Jag had not been stainless, it would have needed the full restoration treatment and repair, or replacement, instead of just washing it out in the car.

Would Kanter consider making a stainless tank?

Posted on: 2018/4/3 9:50
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Dean Hallmark
See User information
I need one for a 1939 super 8 1703 ,what about the cost ? hwesley39@bellsouth.net
i need one for a 1939 super 8 1703 ,what about the price hwesley39@bellsouth.net

Posted on: 2018/4/7 18:27
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

boothguy
See User information
I thought I'd resurrect this thread since I'm getting very close to getting my 39 business coupe on the road for the first time in 60 years and the lawnmower tank strapped to the radiator support rods looks less than "factory". Has anyone found a solution? Maybe a brand X repro that is close enough to mount without cutting a hole in the trunk floor or inner fender? My car is a survivor so I don't need anything that would please a judge at Hershey,just needs to function and be safe. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

Posted on: 2020/5/10 9:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Chuck for including your '37 One Twenty Touring Sedan in the Packard Vehicle Register.

Posted on: 2022/9/3 14:34
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved