Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 149

humanpotatohybrid, Carl Roser, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Owen Dyneto starter?
Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Hi, I recently purchased an Owen Dyneto 4014 starter for my 1939 Super-8 and was told at the time it would work just fine. I did some research and found it is actually for the Super-8's of 1936 to 1938. My car now has a DI-1568 and I was going to use this other one for back-up. Does anyone know is this fine for my car or is it completely wrong and I have to sell it. (paid $275 for it rebuilt and painted, ready to go). Thanks.

Steve

Posted on: 2016/9/30 16:56
 Top  Print 

Re: Owen Dyneto starter?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
1568 is correct for one year only 39 super 8. 4014 no workie. Difference is offset of nose cone bolt to rotate solenoid to clear firewall....sorry. I will trade you a rebuilt 1568 for a 4014 if you want...

Posted on: 2016/9/30 19:15
 Top  Print 

Re: Owen Dyneto starter?
Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Sure, sounds like a good trade. Not good to have a back-up that won't fit. Where do I send it to?

Steve

Posted on: 2016/9/30 23:01
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved