Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 151

DJP-37-120, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: oil pressure on '49 Custom 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning all...Just a short note in support of Kanter and Max. Thank God that they and other dedicated suppliers are in the market as it would be far harder to restore a Packard without them. E-bay sellers are not the same as dedicated companies that take the time to specialize in old machines and have good return policies. They may be less expensive, from time to time, however they don't have the specialty items that we often need and often need quickly. Ernie

Posted on: 2016/10/11 12:14
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Thank you Ernie, a welcome voice of reason

fred

Posted on: 2016/10/11 17:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

FREDERICK E WILEY
See User information
I ordered from Kanter today. It is nice to pick up the phone and order what you need. I just don't trust the parts I see on ebay for my Packard. I have ordered parts for my driver on ebay but it was a Dealership that had an Ebay store selling OEM factory parts. I would love to see the Packards the Kanters have restored.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 19:04
Fred in Florida

1948 Deluxe Eight Sedan 2262
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

prentice672
See User information
It's just your oligopoly I object to. But I suppose one can't expect a burgeoning free market for 65 year old cars.

Posted on: 2016/10/12 21:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Our oligopoly. Yesterday I drove 4 hours to a long closed junkyard where there's a derelict early 50's school bus loaded with starter and generator cores. Yes I did this to make money as that's what businesses do but mostly to insure we have rebuilt units in stock for immediate delivery when customers call.

Our stock of over 2000 units was sorted, identified and stocked on our shelves over a 12 month period usually by me working alone, that's 50,000 lbs of units I lifted and toted. I'm 71 and crawled around the school bus and in and out of crates.

You or anyone else is welcome and able to be in competition, just walk a mile in my shoes with my broken toe from a dropped starter.

Break that oligopoly!

Posted on: 2016/10/12 22:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Oh, walk a mile in my shoes and spend about $750,000 a year in employee benefits or better yet send me $750,000 and like Priceline, name your own price

Posted on: 2016/10/13 10:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

FREDERICK E WILEY
See User information
Mr Kanter, with my father having owned the family business since 1945 and me since 1985, I know from where you speak. Unless you have owned and operated a business and made a payroll , people have no idea what it takes to do this. Bless you for keeping going. I intend to quit at age 66 and enjoy my Packard.

Posted on: 2016/10/13 15:39
Fred in Florida

1948 Deluxe Eight Sedan 2262
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Thanks Fred,

As I always say, Two Freds are better than one.

fred

Posted on: 2016/10/13 16:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved