Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

kevinpackard, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1939 Packard 12
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Thanks for your input. Not really stuck, I can back it off, and then will probably will need to clean threads. Put in new packing a few years ago, with only a couple tightening ups, so there should be plenty of packing in there. The nut many times will get in that certain position where you can't quite get a grip on it on one side, and same on the other side. Don't want to keep grabbing it with the channel locks. And like the challenge of making something.

Posted on: 2016/10/24 20:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Got the new wrench, Will need to put a couple bends in the handle. Cut open a slot for the pump shaft. And, then grind down the outside of the wrench to cleat the pump housing and nut. Anything I am missing feel free to point out.
Thanks again

Attach file:

jpg  (72.09 KB)
733_581148b123a5c.jpg 640X360 px

Posted on: 2016/10/26 19:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I remembered today the ChannelLock number 415 water pump pliers. It has smooth jaws that won't mar the packing nut.
They aren't very expensive and can be modified for Packards.

Posted on: 2016/11/5 18:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
thank you see them on amazon for 15.00. I have one of these I already ground down, and holds up, but it has the serrated jaws, so I don't use it. Will try one of these, should work better. Still sometimes in certain positions need to clear the two coils just above. Thanks again for thinking of me.

Posted on: 2016/11/5 19:03
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved