Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

bertus cardinaal, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Plan B back to Plan A
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I just got word that I will NOT have to execute my "low budget" Plan B on my Panther Project because my inheritance will be coming through very soon. This means I won't have to stretch the project over a more extended period than when I had to drop back to Plan B from Plan A.

Take that for what it is worth. I'll keep you guys informed. Some will be surprised, some will be agast and some will enjoy.

Craig

Posted on: 2016/10/26 0:14
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print 

Re: Plan B back to Plan A
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill Clay
See User information
Always a good thing to be able to reverse a B plan back to a A plan.
Doesn't happen with nearly the frequency of the reverse plans.
Yes, please keep us updated, with pictures without saying.

Posted on: 2016/10/26 18:57
"I have a great memory for forgetting things"
Lee Chan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
There are a couple of good ideas that came out of Plan B.

1. Instead of an expensive custom aluminum radiator, I already purchased and fitted a new 1978 Ford Bronco radiator that Keith (PackardV8) listed in the Xref as a substitute for the Packard radiator (fitment shown on another thread here). I never had an overheating problem with my 55 Pat even in 115F stop-go traffic in Las Vegas in the Summertime and the Ford radiator seems about the same size-wise. We'll see how it works with A/C in the Summertime in the same conditions. If it doesn't cut it, then a radiator is relatively easy to swap out.

2. I was considering custom instrument gauges, but the price was on the order of $1,000. Instead, I had a set out of a 56 400 that seemed to check out as working and still looks great (also documented on another thread). It, of course, does not need any modification to be fitted to the Panther dash. I'll use it, but with some new backup gauges hidden (with the door closed) in the glove box.

Both of the above will save me about $1,600 on the project.

Craig

P.S. This is a lot better than "Plan 9 from Outer Space".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space

ROTFLMAO!

Posted on: 2016/10/27 1:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Got my inheritance check today -- in the bank and awaiting availability of funds. Plan A is now full throttle. I hope I have a chance to execute it before something happens (You figure out what I mean by that).

Craig

Posted on: 2016/11/4 7:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Hey Craig, how's it going with your Panther project now? Hopefully great!

Posted on: 2017/3/12 16:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
DrMorbius Quote:
Hey Craig, how's it going with your Panther project now? Hopefully great!

It is going great! The body and major pieces should be back from the paint shop by this Friday or so. The engine clearances are all checked and rings gapped set. It will be assembled this week and painted "1956 Panther engine color" (you'll see what it is, but it is not bronze i.e., 1956 374).

The interior is essentially done and only awaiting the return of the body to be installed. The driveline is ready to go in, but I'm still working on the T-10 speedo driven gear issue. All lights have been replaced with LED including the headlights. The rear bumper is coming back from the repair and chrome shop this week. There's a lot more, but I'll cover it later when I get it assembled.

More pictures soon! Thanks for asking.

Craig

Posted on: 2017/3/12 20:53
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved