Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
129 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 128

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'54 Convertible Backup Light Switch (Manual w/overdrive)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nmbecker
See User information
Can someone snap a picture of the backup switch (manual w/overdrive)so that I can see what it looks like and the proper placement? Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/10/28 15:35
 Top  Print   

Re: '54 Convertible Backup Light Switch (Manual w/overdrive)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nmbecker
See User information
Anybody? I could use a picture for installation purposes.

Posted on: 2016/11/2 9:22
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I would imagine that it would be the same for any '54 with similar transmission setup. I am sure Ross may have a setup similar and maybe could help with that.

Posted on: 2016/11/2 9:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a different bracket required between Ultra and standard trans. Max lists the kit for a standard trans but does not show a photo. It is the same bracket from 51-4 so it would need a standard trans car photo.

Posted on: 2016/11/2 11:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

nmbecker
See User information
I am still looking for a photo of the switch installed on a manual transmission car.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 16:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I know it is not a real photo but since one does not seem to be coming along, check out the accessories section of the 51-4 service manual. If you don't have a printed copy you can download the section from the literature page. On page 1 there are a couple of illustrations with different perspectives of the backup switch and bracket showing how it is mounted on a standard shift car. Bracket appears to clamp around the column with the switch leg made at an angle so when it is tightened only the first-reverse lever can actuate the plunger. Perhaps those illustrations will show enough information for what you need.

Basically you need to mount the bracket so the plunger can be operated by the first-reverse lever only and is depressed far enough to turn on the light when only that lever is fully in active position.

Posted on: 2016/11/20 13:42
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved