Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 134

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

54' pacific front coil springs
Just popping in
Just popping in

FloridaK5
See User information
Looking for or a pair of front coil springs for my 54 Packard Pacific I checked with Kanter and they are 4 to 6 weeks out was wondering if anybody had a lead on any that I can get before the turkey rod run at the end of the month ??

Posted on: 2016/11/9 16:27
 Top  Print 

Re: 54' pacific front coil springs
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
This is the bread and butter business of Eaton Detroit Spring, 313-963-3839.

Posted on: 2016/11/9 16:41
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I just bought a set of Eaton front springs for my 47. I supplied specifics using their email form and had a response with price within 2 days. Snail mailed a check and had the springs a week and a half later. If you did everything electronically or by phone and used a CC, I would expect you could cut that time by several days.

Posted on: 2016/11/9 17:31
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
I used Eaton with good results also for my Pacific.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 17:40
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

FloridaK5
See User information
So I got the coil springs in from Eaton. They look like something I would put on my F350. Anyone have the measurements in the coil spring size. These are about 17.5" high.? Thanks again..

Posted on: 2016/11/28 17:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't have 54 dimensions but 47 is about 5 1/2" in diameter and 17" high. You'll be amazed how much the frame plus 1000 lbs of engine and another 500+/- in some quality thick sheetmetal plus a heavy grill and bumper will compress the springs. Fronts take most of the abuse and visibly sag so the new should raise it right up. Only downside to new springs on one end only is the opposite end may then show how much it has weakened.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 17:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

FloridaK5
See User information
Well these are just about the same size?? They are right at 17" tall and the same diameter..

Posted on: 2016/11/28 21:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
There are other functional dimensions of coil springs. Two springs can be the same length and diameter and be completely different rate and load. It's not that simple

Besides those two dimensions, the number of coils, the end types and the wire diameter.

These dimensions may be altered and result in equal spring performance.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 23:17
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved