Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 84

bertus cardinaal, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Heater Temperature Control Valve
Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
The original valve in my 50 Packard Deluxe was bypassed years ago because it was leaking. I found one in a junk yard that looked to be in decent shape, so I took the gamble and installed it in my car. As soon as I started the car it started leaking as well. If anyone knows if these valves can be refurbished or of a place that sells replacements, please give me a shout.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 2:13
 Top  Print 

Re: Heater Temperature Control Valve
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Click into BigKev's HOW TO: Ranco Heater Valve Seal Replacement here on PackardInfo, download it for free and you should be good to go.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 2:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Big Kevs excellent article is shown for the 51-6 style Ranco valves and should be applicable to yours -- although the 50 sensing tube is a bit different. There was a different brand valve used on the early 22nd series. Just be aware there is a small chance the valve on yours could have been replaced at some point with an earlier valve and on those the instructions are not quite appropriate.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 10:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
the kit is $10 from NAPA. if Kev's instructions don't look just like your valve (mine was a little different) the intent is the same, and if you want more pictures google around a bit and there are several videos out there too.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 11:51
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
Thanks one and all for the info!👍

Posted on: 2016/11/19 3:15
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Maybe a bit too late for the info but if you do not want to work on the valve yourself there are some places to have it done. Our vendors such as Kanter or Max Merritt may also have exchanges for one ready to go in.

Here is a place that will rebuild them. I have no experience with the company so no idea on cost or quality of work.http://heatercontrolvalve.com

Posted on: 2016/11/19 9:57
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Donald Booth
See User information
Think I'll try the DIY route first (but hang on to the rebuilder's contact info, just in case). Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/11/20 1:09
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved