Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Packard Swap Meets. Where are they?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Boro
See User information
Hi all,

I am determined to get to a swap meet in 2009. I am in Arizona. Can anyone tell me where and when the Packard Swap Meets are?

Chuck in AZ
52 300 Sedan

Posted on: 2008/12/2 10:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Swap Meets. Where are they?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
The big upcoming swap meet I know of is the Packards International national membership meet in late January early February in Orange California. Exact dates on the PI website.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 10:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm not sure if Texas is within your range, but PAC's 32nd annual Texas meet which includes a swap meet will be held on March 27-29 at Salado, TX. This is a fairly major event; for information go to PAC's website, click on "calendar" and you'll pick up more info and an email link.

Best way to keep current on this type of activity and to maximize your enjoyment of the hobby is to determine which of the national clubs has the most active region in your area, and then join that national club and the region. As of 2006 PAC had a region in Mesa, AZ and you should also be able to make contact via PAC's website, <www.packardclub.org>. PI may also have a region in that area, though I've always thought of them as more of a California club.

Posted on: 2008/12/2 11:24
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I will be at the PI Swap Meet in Feb, as it's just up the road from me. Hopefully this year there is no rain!

Posted on: 2008/12/2 23:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Not to piss in my own pool, but the swap meet in Salado is not very impressive. I wish it were better, but thems the facts. PI swap meet at the end of January is much better.

Posted on: 2008/12/3 0:13
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Motor City Packards will have their 31st annual Swap meet and Show in Fremont, OH May 14-17, 2009

Posted on: 2008/12/3 1:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
O_D

Strange, I have heard rumors about a PAC region in Arizona, but have never met a single member, heard of any event, or seen any activity what so ever.

On the other hand, there is a very active Packards International region, which the founder of Packards International is an active participant. The region just hosted a 4-day tour celebrating their 35th anniversary, and joined by members of the California region, even drawing a member from as far away as Montana.

Has there been any PAC event in Arizona? I was under the impression this was predominantly an eastern club. Looks like we may both be wrong.

Chuck,

If you are interested in information on the club here in the valley, the web address is http://www.packardsofaz.org/Packards/index.html

This is an active club with enthusiastic membership.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/12/3 1:54
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Boro
See User information
Thanks for all the info. Especially the AZ club stuff. Being 60 miles south of PHX I don't run into many Packard folks. Except one guy that has a nice 39 (can't remember his name). But, he lives in Casa Grande and usually shows it at the Casa Grande Mainstreet Car Show every January.

About the PI thing in January. I have not been to it, but from reading over the information it looks like the Swap Meet part is ONLY on Sunday. Is that correct??

Chuck
52 300

Posted on: 2008/12/10 16:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Nothing new to add on PAC activity in Arizona, but their roster does list about 56 members in AZ.

Posted on: 2008/12/10 20:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Chuck,

That is correct, the PI swap meet is Sunday only. In my own personal experience, it is well worth the trip. I found a number of critical pieces for my car over the last few times I have gone.

Concerning our PI chapter here in Phoenix, there is a very strong 51 to 54 presence. There are a number of members you could network with. If there is ever any way I can help you here in Phoenix with any information or reference to those with parts, don't hesitate to ask.

O_D,

That is a very respectable membership number in PAC here in Phoenix. My suspicion is the PAC members and PI members are (dual) one in the same. I have considered joining both, but as you have put it at other times, pick the one that is active in your area and join. I still may join PAC national for the publications.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/12/10 21:30
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved