Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
55 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 53

Joe, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Interior on a 1932 901
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I'm getting ready to have the interior of my '32 901 done and have several questions about what is correct. I've looked at English Bedford Cord and Wool Broadcloth from Hirsch, SMS and Le Baron Bonney and examined the attachment in the post by 32Model901 (Dave). I see on Hirsch's web site the rib cord is available in three different widths and was wondering what is the correct one.

Also, I'm figuring that the car came from the factory like that in Dave's post. However, when I look on the web site that it appears that the seat in a 900 light could have come pleated. Was that a factory option? In addition, did Packard offer a material that was two toned similar to those available at Hirsch or Le Baron Bonney's 15-67 or 15-73 broadcloth?

Attach file:

jpg  (68.43 KB)
1063_583dcdedab9e3.jpg 600X600 px

Posted on: 2016/11/29 13:48
 Top  Print   

Re: Interior on a 1932 901
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Marty,

I've update the documentation I've done, the last few pages have some clear pictures of the correct material. This should help in your selection.

Dave

Attach file:

pdf Size: 1,690.09 KB; Hits: 80

Posted on: 2016/12/4 19:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Marston, I suggest you contact Jim Pearsall about correct materials for a 901. Jim is not only one of the foremost historians on these cars, but he has just acquired a lovely original 901 sedan.

Posted on: 2016/12/4 19:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Marty,

A few links to suppliers of wool broadcloth:

http://www.hirschauto.com/hvywtbcloth.htm

http://www.burnleyandtrowbridge.com/woolandwoolblends.aspx

http://www.wmboothdraper.com/Wool/indexwithnav.html?wools_broadcloth.htm

If you need higher quality images of those shown in the documentation, PM me and I'll send you the uncompressed pdf file.

Dave

Posted on: 2016/12/4 20:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Most older classic cars from the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, and early 1950s, have wool interiors.

SMS now manufactures its own patterned wool, bedford cord, and plain wool broadcloth to match hundreds of original patterns and colors. We offer wools to match the largest variety of makes and models in the industry.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/products/seat-materials/wool.php

Posted on: 2016/12/4 21:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Dave & Dave,

Thanks for the info. I have samples from SMS, Hirsch, & LeBaron & Bonney. Based on the remnants that I have from the original seats, they were a bluish medium-dark grey, which would not look good. with the color I have painted the car. A neutral gray or possibly a tan would work fine. Some of the stripped material that I posted that are grey with a reddish strip would also work.

I'll be calling Jim to discuss in the next day or so.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 18:07
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved