Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
120 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

In la-la land, or can a Pack 120 coupe be purchased for 25G's or less?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
Is it within the realm of reality to find a driver Packard 120 hardtop coupe for $25,000 or less that in fairly decent shape?

happy holidays to all,
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2016/12/9 12:33
 Top  Print 

Re: In la-la land, or can a Pack 120 coupe be purchased for 25G's or less?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
totally within the realm of possibilities, less for one needing work, no problem.
Right now I know of a 40-120 coupe, running, in grey primer, needing more body work for way way less. Advise if you want a project.

Posted on: 2016/12/9 12:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2016/12/9 13:38
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

fredkanter
See User information
Garrett,

I've been wondering about your seeking a late 30's 120 coupe. In one of your early posts you stated your circumstances and said you would probably never be able to afford one.

Now you're seeking one and asking fro advice from others if they thought a nice one would be available for $25,000 or less. But......you have already answered your own question in at least two of your previous posts.

"There was a guy in Florida who had 1938 Packard 120 coupe survivor and reliable driver for $12,500. However, it needed new running board rubber covers, new radio, new clock, and new horn. That would have been ideal, but it was sold."

This is proof enough from YOU that the answer is yes.

BUT....you also posted this car in another thread

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/d ... /packard/120/1799211.html

This car was gorgeous!!! and the asking price was about $27,000.

Why do you ask questions that you already have not one but two answers you long ago found yourself??

Puzzled in Packardland

Posted on: 2016/12/9 17:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I think he just likes to generate discussion and is interested in Packards. one can dream, even if they have answered their own questions. and when one dreams its nice to share that with other people that like the same thing.

or maybe his just venting frustation that what he wants is just right out of reach. i know i want to build a shop on some land with a new house. you know....dreams...which i cannot afford right now. but its fun to talk about.

i wanted a 37 for the longest time....enough to talk about it ALOT... and i mean ALOT...but i could not afford one and never thought i would beable to. I know i annoyed DAF a few times and he is ALL about 37. but even though i knew i couldn't afford one and many on here heard me say that....i dreamed and eventually i got one. but it was fun to talk to people that owned them and/or just liked them.

i think he brings up good positive threads that start good conversation amongst automobile enthusiasts. i've even learned a few things from some of the questions he has asked.

i guess your point is a valid one, he has answered his own question. But maybe he came into some money recently or is trying to figure out how to set a goal and save. idk, just speculating here.

one option is financing. woodside is a good place to start.

Posted on: 2016/12/9 17:36
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
OK Fred, I withdrew my last post to you when you started banging on "skateboardgumby" but your current rag on a forum member is petty to the point that I believe you are a borderline sociopath. You have a tendency to take a serious post like the "long term storage of cars" and add great information that benefits many......then....you find it necessary to jump into a conversation without regard to feelings and speculate on business only the poster knows. That also makes you a busybody too. Try and get over your self.
Steve Fisher

Posted on: 2016/12/10 14:02
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
You are correct. To be perfectly honest, I don't know why I do half the stuff I do.

I don't mean to be overly personal or try to make excuses for myself, but several years ago I experienced a head injury that knocked me cold when I slipped on ice in the parking lot of a grocery store when I was living in Madison, Wisconsin.

There had been a heavy snow fall and lots of ice formed. The last thing I remember was walking out of Woodman's and stepping off a curb. The next thing I know, I was in the ER, with six stitches in the back of my scalp. They ran an MRI on my head and didn't find anything (no jokes please).

But, every since then, my memory and processing skills have been slightly impaired. It's been all very annoying and embarrassing over the years. Often I type nonsense, leave out words, use wrong words, and can't even tell they are wrong. The worst part is that I lost all memory of a large swath of events and people, without even knowing it. On occasin, I have actually been unable to spell my own name.

My oldest son who is psychologist, put me in touch with a good neurologist who did find the residule of a scar in my brain of a hemrrhage that I no doubt experienced when I fell and struck my head.

So, there's my excuse, whether you wanted it or not. But, it's the only reason that I can think of as to why I do/do not do certain things.

happy holidays,
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2016/12/12 8:18
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Demographics of those interested and owners in old Packards will eventually bring the value of these cars down . One just has to go to a car show or Packard Club meet to see who is driving in with the old cars to see where this hobby is going. If you can wait 1930's Packard coupes will be available in quantity for much less than $25000. I am not trying to sound negative but the reality is that those of us who remember when these cars were just "used " cars are reaching an age where continued ownership of them is more of a chore than a pleasure at least for those of us who do our own repairs and maintenance.

Posted on: 2016/12/12 9:12

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
dont worry Garrett, we are all a bit off in our rocker. I dont know why i do some of the stuff i do either.

keep posting, i enjoy the positive, automobile related topics.

maybe start out small like i did. I bought a 55 that was sitting in a field for 15 years or more for 1000 bucks. i have spent the last 8 years "restoring" it and i'm only about half way done.

I put restoring in quotes only becuase my definition of restoring is not the norm. I saved tons of money in areas. lots of learning experiences.....body work...clear coating the original paint...rebuilding my own motor....etc etc. hell not even the bumpers are going to get rechromed. i'm doing all in my home garage. where there is a will, there is a way.

Posted on: 2016/12/12 9:45
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Garrett, You don't have to make excuses here. Your postings have always been polite and non controversial as far as I know. No one appointed Fred Kanter to be Moderator as far as I know so please disregard his criticism. We are all here to share our knowledge, learn about ,and discuss Packards in a respectful manner.

Posted on: 2016/12/12 9:49

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved