Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
97 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 95

David Timberlake, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Brighter tail lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I forget who originally posted this link and it may not be the item Phils38cpe installed on his car but it has been used by several on the forum. Unfortunately if your Packard is pre 23rd series and has separate bulbs for the turn signals then it can only be wired to work as a third brake light. Because of the separate bulbs a single unit cannot work for brakes and as the extra directional signal indicator.http://www.jandlenterprise.com

I forget what a poster said he paid for his but it was inexpensive enough that if you wanted the directional signal function you could buy two and mount them together -- one for brakes and the other for turn signals.

Another poster bought license plate frames with the light function built into the top edge. I am not sure that would be high enough on some Packards to be of much value but is also an option. Amazon among others sells those but don't recall if any are 6 volts.

Posted on: 2017/1/13 11:38
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Brighter tail lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
That looks like a very good option. The CHMSL (center high mounted stop light) is essential these days- I am so conditioned by it that if I'm behind a vehicle without one, I will catch myself not noticing regular brake lights. BTW, my 22nd series has separate stop and turn signals too. Thanks for the info!

Posted on: 2017/1/13 11:45
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved