Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Waking up a 39 Coupe after 47 years
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

boothguy
See User information
Hi all, this is my first post and I'm hoping to benefit from the collective experience of the group, so heres the story. Recently a 39 110 business coupe appeared in the side yard of an old farmhouse I have passed by at least a thousand times in the last 30 yrs. Being a hopeless autoholic naturally I had to make a quick Uturn and check it out. A nice young woman answered the door and told me that her late great uncle had been the original owner and that the car had been in the garage as far back as she could remember and that it had just been dragged into the yard because the garage roof was collapsing, Unfortunately the roof must have been leaking for a long time judging by the condition of the paint on some of the upper surfaces. The car was very original and complete including the 1970 tags and the keys on a Packard fob still in the ignition. Turns out the car had been inherited by her uncle who lived in a city 3 hours away so she took my number and promised to pass it on. Usually thats the end of it but this time, a couple weeks later, I got a call from the uncle and after some friendly negotiations I became the neglected old relic's new caretaker. It took a little bit of work since all four wheels were stuck not to mention four flat and petrified tires but its now safely in my garage awaiting resurrection. I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out how which may be more daunting than getting the Packard on the road again.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 0:39
 Top  Print   

Re: Waking up a 39 Coupe after 47 years
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day boothguy,
to PackardInfo.

Congratulations on becoming a Packard owner, I invite you to include your '39 110 Business Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry including a Photo!

Speaking of which, posting photos should be a relatively painless operation. Just save them to your device as a not to large JPG file, avoiding uncommon characters in the file name. Then select the files you want to post, using the "Browse" button in the "Attach file" field below when you're posting and go from there.

You'll receive a lot of support and advice from the many experienced, knowledgeable and friendly Packard people here.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 1:20
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
booth guy, I too have resurrected a 39 Packard (which should be done in a month!) and wish you a lot of fun with your Packard!

Oh, and good luck!

Steve

Posted on: 2017/2/24 17:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Along with Dr. M, my 39 was also a cast off, but after my own blood sweat and tears, it is a wonderful running car. Love My Packard.
pat

Posted on: 2017/2/24 20:33
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

boothguy
See User information
If this works you will see photos of the car as I found it

Attach file:

jpg  (410.77 KB)
153668_58b108e7d9db6.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (343.12 KB)
153668_58b1090a85e3b.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/2/24 23:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
If this works you will see photos of the car as I found it

Congrats, it works. Your Packard is visible even in Germany.

Quote:
...A nice young woman answered the door...

Are there any news on that? I'm almost convinced, that Mal (Ozstatman) is registering this too.

Posted on: 2017/2/25 2:26
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
My first Packard was a 1939 Six (no 110 nomenclature until 1940) in similar but still driveable condition so I am looking forward to watching your progress. When I bought mine in the mid-'60s, it wasn't even yet an antique so I was surprised it had gotten into such condition but it had apparently been parked under trees in northern Washington State for many years.

Posted on: 2017/2/26 15:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
drooling now!

Posted on: 2017/2/26 17:21
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

boothguy
See User information
I have tried twice to update this but I am such a slow typist the forum times out and eats my post. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on: 2017/3/1 0:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
You're not doing anything wrong, as you said the Website times out after a certain time something like 15/20 minutes. My way around it is to "refresh" the post I'm doing every 5 to 10 minutes by clicking on the Preview button on the bottom of the page. Or by saving my post to a secure document along the way. But sometimes I still tend to get caught out by this "quirk".

Posted on: 2017/3/1 0:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved