Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Tech manual on 47 Clipperf charging system
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
I do not see anywhere in the literature on this site where the 47 clipper charging system is described.

Was there an Autolite manual for this system?
Thanks

Posted on: 2017/3/8 19:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Tech manual on 47 Clipperf charging system
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not that I am aware of. Electrical seems to have been mostly skipped in the 46-50 service manual. Autolite is covered in the electrical section of the 51-4 manual and the operation would be very similar to the 47. In addition, there is a booklet published by Autolite you can download from the literature sectionhttps://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/AutoliteGenerators.pdf which covers the operation of the generator and regulator very well.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 19:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Tech manual on 47 Clipperf charging system
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Though not specific to your Clippers, AutoLite did publish comprehensive service and training manuals for charging systems, distributors, starters, etc. Even on Packard's 1956 push button trans system.

Somewhere I have a copy of one on their 6-volt charging systems, if I have it scanned I'll put some of it up here.

Posted on: 2017/3/8 20:10
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved