Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 165

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Chrome for a 1954 Pacific
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Carl Hamilton
See User information
My Pacific has six chrome moldings in group 30.7925, part number 454367, I'm missing one of the moldings, does anyone know where one can be purchased. I have tried Max Merrit and Kanter to no avail. Thanks, Carl

Posted on: 2017/3/10 9:39
 Top  Print 

Re: Chrome for a 1954 Pacific
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That particular part number was listed only for the Convertible and Pacific so must be different than the similar pieces on the sedans. Being those are two of the more desirable and valuable models, finding a parts car in bad enough shape to remove one may be more difficult.

You might try Tucson Packards or David Moe at Seattle Packards or Gerry at Packards Southwest. They each have a fair number of used trim items and have managed to come up with oddball and hard to find items before. David Flack (Flackmaster) also has come up with a few later pieces even though he doesn't usually deal in postwar years. Maybe one of them can do it again..

Posted on: 2017/3/10 10:24
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'd add Joel Ray (Patrician Industries) and Bob Stolzfus (Bob's Packard Parts) to those places to contact that might have what you need. If you need contact info, hop over to the Yellow Pages on the PAC website and you'll find them both listed there.

Posted on: 2017/3/10 10:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
The Cavalier side trim pieces are different from the Convertible/Pacific trim. The curvature is different and the mounting pins positions are way different. So make sure you get part 454194

That being said, Carl, if you are desperate, I have an extra. It is not in good condition, quite pitted. But if you need it, you can have it. Maybe you can resurrect it. Let me know.

I see them on Ebay once in while. There were a couple of NOS ones advertised within the last year but $$$.

Posted on: 2017/3/30 23:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
I just reread your question and realized that you have a different part # than mine. The number that I gave you 454194 is cast on the actual part. I've checked it on my car and it is right part for my 54 convertible so should be the same for the Pacific. However 454194 is not in the parts book. Why there are two numbers for the same part, I can't guess. But if you asked for the part by number from any vendors, you might try 454194.

Posted on: 2017/3/31 0:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
From what I understand, 454194 is the "casting number", and often the actual part number is a few digits different.

Posted on: 2017/3/31 2:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pepepackard
See User information
Hello from PepePackard,
I may have the trim you are looking for, please send me a photo of the trim and I will see if I have one.
Regards Fred

Posted on: 2017/3/31 3:41
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved