Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
39 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 37

Peter Packard, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: 1956 Patrician police car
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Which reminds me of the body material I'm gonna use for the Speedster:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2008/12/10 1:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
yeah. That DARE car with the TL suspension, dark tinted windows and TOO conspicuous advertising would make one grand MULE wouldn't it???? Everyone would just smile and wave as that Star Ship Trooper goes sailing on by. GUFAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2008/12/10 6:04
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
several of my friends have told me it would be a good moonshine car for the same reasons.

Posted on: 2008/12/10 13:40
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
well, my power steering pump failed on the road 3 weeks ago. I pulled it apart thinking the shaft bearings had failed ,but they were fine.

it seems the bearing race where the outer rotor rotates in the main pump body melted and siezed to the outer rotor. when it failed it siezed completely, but now on my workbench the pump can be turned by socket wrench, but not by hand.

the pump has been suspect (making an ocasional trange squeak) since i started driving the car any distance, but it had quieted down recently, and i filed it away in the back of my mind. i figured it was a shaft bearing, and it was on my list for a rebuild next spring. (no heated garage) I just thought it was a strage place for catastrophic wear to occur, due to the lubrication it recieves. And yes, my fluid level was fine, and the fluid was new ATF.

Has anyone used Kanters rotor rebuild kit? is that race replaceable? If they really mean what they say on the website, then my pump isnt worth anything as a core and that will add another 130 odd dollars to the price.

Thanks for the help guys!

Posted on: 2008/12/12 21:42
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
I was away from my paperwork for the week that I wrote this blog, but i am now home, and have the letter from one of my cars previous owners in front of me. Apparently this Jay fellow was a first time packard owner, and the T/L system failed on him, and he was writing for help.

as I mentioned in an earlier post, If anyone has any information on the gentelman described below, please let me know

Jay Quigly, of 36 Gillett St. Hartford Connecticut.

The letter wan not in an evvelope, but was addressed to a man named Harold. There is a reply written on the back of the letter, and while its writer is not identified, there is a phone number, which google reveals to be Packards International of santa anna California. The reply letter also indicates that 'Harold has retired from the board, so ask for Cal"

Does any of this mean anything to anyone out there??? Ive gone over 20 odd pages of google results and found no mention of a Jay Quigley, except for an older Obituary, which the website it was on wanted $30 for me to read.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 22:07
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
It's not clear to me what are u are asking for. U already have Quiglys name and address. Start there!. If the residence has changed hands then see if Conn.gov has a property tax website where u can look up that address and the names of the new owners and call them about Quigly or for other leads.

Some states require a fee to access that info. Other states provide it for free. Conn. is one state i have never needed to try so i don't know.

Try the online White Pages for Quigly in that area. Maybe there is a surviving family member that would like to talk about car.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 22:35
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
I was simply asking if anyone had come acrossed these names before. Like i said, i got no internet hits on the name or address or any combination of the two, but i didnt think about the govt. site.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 22:45
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
I use something similar for looking up people, and I found two hits for Jay Quigley (with the "E") in New Britain CT. There's also a younger Jay D. Quigley in Wallingford CT. PM me if you want me to send you the results page.

Posted on: 2008/12/13 2:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't know the Jay but I believe the Harold you refer to was Harold Gibson, long time mechanic, PI member and gentleman that put the original kit together for adapting the Torqueflite into Packards. The Cal is most likely Cal Soest, also another long time PI member, mechanic who worked (maybe still does) for the restoration shop Custom Auto Service in Santa Ana, CA. PI has their office in the same building.

Posted on: 2008/12/13 10:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
55packardconv and hh56, thank you both for the help! HH56, i believe your right on Cal Soes, due to the connection to PI. Its nice to have something to go on, as i love the history of cars as well as working on them. (especially when its my car!)

Posted on: 2008/12/13 11:55
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved