Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

soulrenovation, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

source for air cleaner bracket from block to base?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

flyntgr
See User information
My Pacific does not have the bracket which supports the housing on the driver side, which goes from the block to the base of the air filter cannister on the driver's side. It looks about the size of a church key bottle opener. Can you help me find the bracket or support for this? Thank you!

Posted on: 2017/4/18 6:35
 Top  Print   

Re: source for air cleaner bracket from block to base?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I don't have an extra one, but this is what the one that came with by 2-BL Oil Bath Cleaner came with.

You'll see the support bracket on the lower right. It looks like a prybar in shape. Hard to see in the picture, but the "block side" of the bracket has a ~90 bend in it.

Worse come to worse, you could make one out of mild steel.

Attach file:

jpg  (20.50 KB)
1_58f601b66293f.jpg 512X384 px

Posted on: 2017/4/18 7:08
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The 54 359 engine uses a different bracket than the others and since that air cleaner was only one year on one engine it may be harder to find than the others. If Kanter doesn't have one you might PM Ross and see if he might have something.

If no luck finding one, it is not difficult to fabricate as I had to make mine when I had a Pacific. Just a piece of 1/8 steel flat bar about 1 1/4 wide and bent at a 90 degree angle. Drill a hole and then saw down to make a couple of slots. The 90 degree bend is angled to offset the slots from each other because the mounting hole location on the side of the head does not directly line up under the center bolt of the air cleaner. You can get an idea of how much to angle the 90 degree bend to keep the portion under the cleaner flat and be able to slide into the bolt on the head from an angle.

I do not have leg length dimensions but as I recall neither is more than 4-5 inches long. Perhaps others can provide them or you can measure what is needed using your car. Here is a photo of the bracket.

Attach file:

jpg  (86.27 KB)
209_58f61b42bcced.jpg 680X1186 px

Posted on: 2017/4/18 8:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
I have a spare one if you want it, picked it up at Hershey a few years ago.

Posted on: 2017/4/19 22:44
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved