Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 150

Joe, Packardbarry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

back up light switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
I recently had my ultramatic replaced with a GM 700e conversion since the reverse gear is now at the top of the prndl instead of the bottom my reverse lights do not come on anymore. My question is is there a switch I can use in its place?

Posted on: 2017/4/25 14:49
 Top  Print   

Re: back up light switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Assuming your neutral safety switch still works and the car can only be started in park and maybe neutral you can add a second switch on the transmission to handle the reverse lights.

IF the modifications to change to the Packard shift linkage have not destroyed too much of the original GM stub shaft and lever arrangement you may be able to add something like this Lokar external switch onto the side of the transmission. Remove the two dark green reverse light wires from the original switch and extend them down to the new switch.

If the transmission shaft has been too modified to accept the kit as designed perhaps there is another place where the trigger piece can be installed on the linkage and switch can be mounted differently.

http://www.lokar.com/downloads/pdf-instructions/INS0043-BackupLightNSSwitch.pdf

Posted on: 2017/4/25 15:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved