Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
37 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 35

Todd W. White, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Strong Gasoline Smell Filling Garage!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Owen, one end was an inverted flared fitting and the other end a pipe fitting. I only used the sealant on the pipe fitting end, just for my own safety. Maybe I did't need it but I figured better safe then sorry.
Wes

Posted on: 2017/5/16 16:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
I too am suffering the effects of a woman with a sensitive nose...[flackmaster; posted on: 2017/5/16 16:09]

David (flackmaster), these kind of masks cover both, the smell as well as every nose.

Attach file:

jpg  (36.31 KB)
757_5a4d704a30f7c.jpg 700X465 px

jpg  (38.35 KB)
757_5a4d70534e609.jpg 700X478 px

Posted on: 2018/1/3 19:01
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
It may also be a very slight leak at the ring shaped seal between the fuel level sending unit and the tank, that will show itself only when the car is filled with fuel. In this case, the fuel will sit atop the tank and evaporate into the garage air.

For that reason, I try not to fill up when I know I have only a few miles left before pulling back in the garage.

I've seen sending units also that leak if the fuel neck is topped off. The leak path is into the sending unit at the rotating level shaft and out a very small vent hole above the rheostat housing.

I hope this helps,
Pat

Posted on: 2018/1/3 19:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I may not be at the fuel tank. Have you checked other areas where a rubber hose is used for connecting to a metal line or a rubber fuel pump diaphragm? I believe that Permatex makes a gas resistant sealant or at least they use to.

Posted on: 2018/1/4 10:31
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved