Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 22 »

Joe's '49 Club Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
It's been 4 years this month since I started rebuilding my 1949 Series 23 Club Sedan. I have chronicled the progress on the Packard Club Project Blog. I will continue it there until completion. I have started following the projects on Packard Info and would like to add some of the highlights of my efforts on this site. The car is now in the re-assembly process with completion this fall. I have attached a picture of the car the day I bought it and one from today.

Joe Wareham

Attach file:

jpg  (488.10 KB)
8531_592593d2853e7.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (72.26 KB)
8531_592593e68e3ef.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2017/5/24 9:10
 Top  Print 
Love (1)

Re: Joe's '49 Club Sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Joe, I've followed your very detailed progress on the PAC site and will post a link here for those who want to drop in on 47 pages of metal-working talents and outstanding restoration work. Just looking at your very pretty engine, if you're not aware, Eastwood has a high temperature SS manifold paint that once it's gone thru a few heat/cool cycles gives the appearance on an exhaust manifold of virgin cast iron. Many of us in the hobby have used it, an excellent product.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2251

Posted on: 2017/5/24 10:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
I use a lot of Eastwood stuff but I haven't tried their header paint. On this engine, the exhaust manifold was media blasted then primed with VHT primer and painted with "High Temp Exhaust Coating" aerosol by OER (Original Equipment Reproduction) in cast iron grey. The engine was run for about 30 minutes over a couple of sessions for break-in. So far, the finish has held up.

Attach file:

jpg  (56.05 KB)
8531_5925c3854dd8b.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2017/5/24 12:32
 Top  Print 
Love (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Joe,
to PackardInfo and like O_D, and I'm sure many others, I too have been following your progress on the PAC Website. But, seeing you're now here on PackardInfo, I invite you to include your '49 Club Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2017/5/24 16:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
Mal,

Got the info in the registry.

Joe

Posted on: 2017/5/25 9:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Joe,
for including your '49 Eight Club Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2017/5/25 15:56
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
When working on a long-term project, in my case 4 years, it seems to always turn out that there was a picture you didn't take or bags you didn't label or notes you failed to jot down. The problem I'm having is re-assembling the turn signal mechanism in the steering column. There is a wire spring the attaches to the groove in the shifter shaft and I believe it's attached to the turn signal mechanism. I'm guessing it serves as the cancelling mechanism with the pins on the steering wheel. I'm at a loss to remember how it attaches to the mechanism and the last thing I want to do is break something. I've searched Packardinfo looking for a picture or description to no avail. As a newcomer, I'm not as skilled at knowing exactly where to go. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this properly installed?

Thanks! Joe

Attach file:

jpg  (75.04 KB)
8531_592d80a41ac9c.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2017/5/30 9:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The wire "W" spring is for gearshift anti rattle and vibration control. The 47 uses almost the same switch and arrangement. The spring on those pushes and slides against the edge of the turn signal mounting to sort of fall into a notch. I think yours will slip into those two slots next to the switch mounting legs.

Attach file:

jpg  (110.52 KB)
209_592d84ceb183d.jpg 1233X1103 px

Posted on: 2017/5/30 9:42
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
That is an anti-rattle spring for the shifter. You have it 90% right. The free ends go into the slots that are just adjacent to the ends in your photo.

Posted on: 2017/5/30 9:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
I was obviously trying read too much into it's possible function. Snapped into place. Thanks for the quick reply!
Joe

Posted on: 2017/5/30 10:29
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved