Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
95 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

need info on how to remove front seat frame from 38 Packard 4 door club sedan
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Jones Jr.
See User information
Am unable to get front seat frame out of my 38 4 foor club sedan. Removing bottom cushion is not a problem. The seat will not move forward or backwardm. Need to remove seat frame
to adjust so seat will move. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on: 2017/5/24 21:00
 Top  Print 

Re: need info on how to remove front seat frame from 38 Packard 4 door club sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You might poke your head under the car and look for threaded studs coming thru the floorboard. On every Packard I have worked on the front seat tracks are held by 4 nuts on each side. Most had studs coming thru with washers and nuts under the car but a few had actual bolts coming thru with the nuts below.

Not that familiar with prewars but the postwars had the frames bolted to the movable half of the track and the other half of the track bolted thru the floor.

Posted on: 2017/5/24 21:06
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: need info on how to remove front seat frame from 38 Packard 4 door club sedan
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

JohnCobb
See User information
There's just four bolts that hold the upper seat frame to the seat rails, remove them and it comes out easy. Then you will need to remove the seat slides, four more bolts to the floor, and take them apart. The small rollers have needle brgs. that are probably frozen and they will need cleaning and grease. Put it all back together and that seat will glide like a magic carpet.

Posted on: 2017/5/24 21:09
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Jones Jr.
See User information
I found 4 bolts holding the frame to seat rails. They are 5/16 by about 1 inch long. I removed them but there is still something holding the frame from coming out. I looked under floor boards and found two bolts on each side of frame Tried removing these but evidently you have to put a backup wrench
on the head of the bolt. Cannot see head of bolt because that rail is obstructing my view. Any idea how to get to the heads of these bolts? I think these four bolts are the ones that must come out but not sure.

Posted on: 2017/5/26 11:36
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
You've probably already done this, but disconnect the the big tensioning spring that's mounted about the middle of the seat frame to the floor. That might be all that's preventing the seat frame from moving now that the bolts are removed.

Posted on: 2017/5/26 16:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill Jones Jr.
See User information
There is not any spring attached to the floorboard or seat frame. I finally got the seat to m9ve forwa4d and found two bolts holding frame t9 floofm. Got everyth8ng out and seat moved back.

Posted on: 2017/6/9 9:44
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved