Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 138

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

1955 Custom Clipper Constellation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Hello Packard owners and those who love Packard's !
Been quite some time since I've been here. So....let me share what I've come across. Looking for inputs, comments, questions or concerns.......
Back in 2014, Had to sell my beloved 51 Packard Patrician 400. Life and economics raised it's ugly head. Fast forward to today.....
1955 Custom Clipper Constellation. Completely original, 80k on the odometer, believe to be original but unable to verify until I research owner/ registration history.
Everything works, including all power windows and ride leveling kit.........missing a view pieces of chrome and some badges but all available........through multiple resources......
Ok.....hit me with all the inputs....good bad or indifferent.....I'm retired navy so.......nothing can be said to offend me....ROTFLMAO

Regards,
Hoping to be the new owner !!

Posted on: 2017/5/28 12:41
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Re: 1955 Custom Clipper Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I haven't a clue about pricing anymore but the Constellation is one of the more desirable Clippers so that is one thing in its favor at the start. Well equipped and with things working is another. As you said, the missing pieces can be replaced. Depending on what, some items could still be a bit of a challenge though. The fact it is well optioned could be a downside as the more there is the more potential for spending money but all in all, if the car is in good condition and within your budget I'd say go for it.

Posted on: 2017/5/28 13:15
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Thank you Sir ! Looking to close the deal by the end of the day !

Posted on: 2017/5/28 13:21
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Been talking to the seller all day....everything works including the leveling system and power antenna !

Posted on: 2017/5/28 13:33
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Question.....was/ is the dash on the 5567, fabric covered or painted metal ?

Posted on: 2017/5/28 13:36
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The top of the dash was painted metal. I am not 100% sure and would have to look but the pad may have been an option on Customs.

The front was a thin perforated anodized aluminum sheet. As I recall it was more a silvery aluminum shade while Packards had a more subtle and richer looking color..

Attach file:

jpg  (119.16 KB)
209_592b1cfbd4867.jpg 1364X824 px

Posted on: 2017/5/28 13:55
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
The instrument cluster panel is as you described from the pics I received from the owner. It's the top dash I had questions about.....my apologies for not being more specific....the excitement about the possibility of owning this Packard is the same as I felt when I got my 51 Patrician........!!!

Posted on: 2017/5/28 14:16
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to the 55 RPO sheet (on site so you can download it) the 55 Customs did have the TP option available but it was still an option. TP stands for instrument board trim pad which I would take to be the pad on the top of the dash. I believe that also included a panel which screwed to the inside of the glovebox lid. Not sure on 55s as it may have been new for 56 but in 56 the glovebox lid piece had small depressions for cupholders and a pocket.

Posted on: 2017/5/28 14:40
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Another question from those who own one.......
My 51 Patrician wheels were 5 x 5.5 lug spacing.
Is the 55 CCC (Custom clipper Constellation) the same or 5 x 5 lug spacing ? I have a set of diamondback www's on 5 x 5 lug spacing that I could use immediately.....just sayin.
I went through all the spec literature but could not find any mention of that spec....

Posted on: 2017/5/28 19:48
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Does the Clipper have factory A/C? Factory A/C would have A/C ducts on top of the dash. Something jogs my memory that if. Clipper had factory A/C it had a padded dash, BUT my memory could be wrong.

The 1955/56 senior Packard rims will not fit the Jr Clipper.
http://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/SC/SC-VOL29NO1.pdf

Posted on: 2017/5/28 20:42
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved