Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
94 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 93

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

rubber
Home away from home
Home away from home

sanddoc
See User information
Hey that's all I could think of

Now that I've got the rear lights fixed and know how to get the
tail light assembly out, I noticed there is rubber under each of the back
assemblies. Did this rubber also carry across the back pan extension?
I notice stables in the sheet metal
Best

Posted on: 2017/6/9 20:23
 Top  Print 

Re: rubber
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
All the way across -- or at least I found staple holes on mine which made me install it all the way. Parts said it was two pieces in 55 and on 56 seniors. One piece on 56 juniors.

As I recall it was the fabric impregnated or reinforced rubber about 1 1/2 inches wide and about 1/16 or so thick. Finding reinforced material in thin narrow strips is not that easy but ordinary rubber strips can be found at Steele or McMaster. Steele has cushioning or edging materials that several have used -- a slight V shape on some and a rounded edge on others. Check their universal dense extruded parts for illustrations and dimensions. McMaster has a plain outdoor rated rectangular rubber strips 2" x 36". It is slightly wider but less expensive than the Steele products.https://www.mcmaster.com/#8985k12/=18023q6 The rubber is not seen from above so just about anything you find would work.

Posted on: 2017/6/9 21:28
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: rubber
Home away from home
Home away from home

sanddoc
See User information
Thanks for that info HH56
I'll look into it.
Right now it's working on the hydroboost and the disc brake setup...
Best

Posted on: 2017/6/10 10:00
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved