Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
80 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 78

53 Cavalier, LSX_Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1955 Hardtop stoplight problems
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't want to hurt a sale of a kit and for convenience it is the best way but since you are overseas the freight and customs fees could get more expensive than the kit. If you wanted to you can make the conversion with a common cube relay probably available there and a brake switch from the parts store.

You could also go with a mechanical switch used in cars with cruise control and eliminate the relay. Keeping the relay, you could use an ordinary two wire mechanical brake switch but because of the different brake pedal location in 55 you would need a different mounting bracket than this one shown on a 56.

Attach file:

jpg  (73.13 KB)
209_59dbba646eb3b.jpg 1149X657 px

jpg  (61.58 KB)
209_59dbbab2803f1.jpg 1000X856 px

Posted on: 2017/10/9 13:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 Hardtop stoplight problems
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hammy
See User information
Feedback for the stoplight fault. I bought a replacement indicator switch but before removing the original compared the electrical functions with the new and found they were the same! So concluded the switch was fine so left it in place and so began a further search. Eventually I came to the stoplight pressure switch, thoroughly cleaned the three terminals and associated connectors and success, I had both stoplights working! Why only one stoplight worked before the switch connections were cleaned I can only assume was the result of slightly more resistance in one lamp than the other? Anyway lesson learnt, always check the obvious things before buying replacement parts.

Posted on: 2017/11/16 15:31
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved