Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
181 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 180

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1947 Custom super 8 carburetor
Home away from home
Home away from home

LJJ
See User information
I have a rebuilt WDO531S to suit if interested. It came from the Packard Seattle Company, also includes base gasket.

Posted on: 2017/6/30 20:47
1963 Morris Cooper 997
1969 Austin 1800
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
Daytona in Florida is an excellent rebuilder.

Posted on: 2017/7/23 21:46
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Unless they've reversed their earlier decision, Daytona ceased offering rebuild services about a year ago.

Posted on: 2017/7/24 9:01
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If You can find a Daytona restored carb, go for it.

This is how mine performs straight out of the box, no adjustments done. Just installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsBJ2I5hRmI

Posted on: 2017/7/25 4:19
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
This is how mine performs straight out of the box, no adjustments done. Just installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsBJ2I5hRmI

Your car sounds great and has a decent idle using the carb right out of the box so I envy your success. I also have a Daytona rebuild and have ongoing issues getting the idle slow enough. With the throttle linkage disconnected and plates closed and off fast idle it is still wanting to run up around 7-800.

Another 47 owner said he had problems with idle because of what turned out to be a vacuum leak in his rebuilt carb so I am almost to that point with mine. He couldn't remember if it was a warped base plate or missing gasket that his mechanic had found but since I also have a low vacuum reading along with the fast idle I would be interested in any thoughts from the engine guys if this sounds feasible.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 10:05
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Howard, make sure the notch on the starter actuating cam behind the switch on the carb is facing up.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 12:21
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Ross, thanks for the suggestion. I finally got around to checking the cam but something that simple was just not meant to be. If there are other insights please pass them along. Anything beyond the basic carb issues are not my forte.

Posted on: 2017/8/1 10:44
Howard
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved