Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: 1953-1954 PACKARD AC INFO REQUEST
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The writeup in the Packard folder is kind of interesting. I think Packard must have copied the 54 Cadillac brochure word for word as far as the description and how the system operated.

Cadillac had their controls at the bottom of the instrument panel, Packard midpoint above the steering column. Cadillac had 4 steerable cool air outlets -- one in the headliner above each seat -- and until they finally supplied the plastic ducts Packard just had two fixed neck freezing louvers on the package shelf. The return air was quietly taken from under the rear seat on Cadillac just as Packard did with their prewar units but for postwar Packards return was two large intakes on the package shelf and somewhat noisy.

The units were both Frigidaire and mechanically under the covers almost identical but Cadillac had the refinements such as a clutch for the compressor and more people comfortable air distribution throughout the car.

Attach file:

jpg  (84.86 KB)
209_5a5c04e3b901c.jpg 1590X420 px

jpg  (27.78 KB)
209_5a5c0528981f5.jpg 800X354 px

Posted on: 2018/1/14 20:41
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

ALLEN B. SIMONS
See User information
1-16-18

Hello, and thank you Leedy for submitting the 1954 Packard air conditioning brochure.

I have a very poor copy of a copy in my files. Would you be kind enough to scan it for my files?

I will send you a PM with my email address.

Thank you,
archiveman2977
Allen Simons

Posted on: 2018/1/16 18:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

archiveman2977 wrote:
1-16-18

Hello, and thank you Leedy for submitting the 1954 Packard air conditioning brochure.

I have a very poor copy of a copy in my files. Would you be kind enough to scan it for my files?

I will send you a PM with my email address.

Thank you,
archiveman2977
Allen Simons

Hello... not a problem at all. You are most welcome. And that's Leeedy with 3 e's. Will send via email.

Posted on: 2018/1/17 13:15
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved