Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 154

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rumble seat step plate locations?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Received an email from a fellow Forum member together with the pic below. Email is titled "A Packard at the Hamilton car show..." and said: "Isn't there usually a step about where the passenger side tail light is located? The step location shown on this Packard seems awkward to me. Your thoughts."

I replied: "I would think you're right, as rumble seat steps usually start with one in the bumper area followed by another on top of the rear fender.

However, looking at this one, it seems the top of the fender step is further forward than usual and is orientated towards the front of the car. I'd think that this type of rumble seat step plate setup takes advantage of the running board providing a built in first step then using the fender mount step to enter the rumble seat. Taking a closer look at the photo, it appears it could be a '38 Packard. Is that right?
"

Since then I've been thinking, strange for me, that although the Packard in the picture has elements of a '38 with the trunk lid mounted light and dash, the lines for the rear fenders(at least to me) don't appear to be for a '38.

Thoughts?

Attach file:

jpg  (312.86 KB)
226_59754201e295b.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/7/23 20:21
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Re: Rumble seat step plate locations?
Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I know on the regular coupes 1937 was the last year of the rumble seat on the junior line. This looks like a 38 six, but did they have rumble seats? I thought it had the little jump seats behind the driver & passenger seat. I guess I wait till more knowledgeable Packard owners chime in.

Posted on: 2017/7/23 21:54
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
This thread will help regarding last years for Packard rumble seats.

Plus the guy who sent me the pic replied as to whether it was a '38 with: "my guess....is a 1937 Packard because it appears to have a one piece windshield with an interior support rod"

Posted on: 2017/7/23 22:51
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Looks to me like a 115C that has received some personal modifications. Still, a nice looking Packard. Here is a photo of my 37 Six showing the rumble seat steps in their standard location.

Attach file:

jpg  (23.39 KB)
565_59760ec64eea6.jpg 500X333 px

Posted on: 2017/7/24 10:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
I remember seeing pictures of a 120A Covertible coupe that had the step placements like in the picture.( from the front of the right side rear fender) It was short lived and sometime in 1935 they switched to the more typical locations. My son had a 1935 Sport coupe that had the same step locations as the Yellow Convertible and also my 1937 120C sport Coupe.

Posted on: 2017/7/24 17:53
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved