Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
83 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Perrysburg 2007
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I know I'm a bit late in reporting on this, but I've been busy with a change in jobs - plus work at my folk's house. I didn't have much time, but made it out to the even last weekends (May 19).

Since one picture is often worth a thousand words, I've attached a panoramic view of the show and swap meet field. The image is composited from two separate frames - so you'll have to excuse a bit of distortion (the lot is more level than it appears in some spots).

With Windows Explorer, you can double-click on the attachement to open the pic in a new window, but you may have to zoom in to get the full detail. Otherwise, you may want to right-click on the image and save it to your computer so you can examine it in its full 1600-pixel width.

While other sites have featured pix of some of the vehicles, this is the first site to give you the full view.

Attach file:

jpg  (32.65 KB)
103_465ad8c16d798.jpg 800X240 px

Posted on: 2007/5/28 8:29
 Top  Print   

Re: Perrysburg 2007
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I didn't make it out to Perrysburg until just before 10AM that Saturday. Since I haven't been working on my Packards much in recent years, I really wasn't shopping for anything specific, but wnated to take this event in, which I hadn't been out to since 2003 - maybe 2002.

I meandered around the lot to see what was there, and picked up a few STBs to help fill in some gaps in my collection of originals. After a couple of passes around the lot, I went inside to get the panoramic view shown above. As I made my way back to the lot, I found a car that I had missed - must have been refitted with a flux capacitor.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.22 KB)
103_465add044b67f.jpg 480X360 px

Posted on: 2007/5/28 8:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Having seen 100+ cars at Perrysburg and the best selection of Packard parts for sale in one lot for several years, it was obvious to me that attendance was way down this year. I don't know whether that was due to the threat of rain, but the ridiculous price of gas sure doesn't help. As such, perhaps some Packard owners decided to forego this event in favor of the S-P meet in South Bend in June.

I know there was talk of this being an unofficial Packard V8 Club eastern meet, but while none of my cars were anywhere near being road-ready, you can clearly see from the panos that V8s were well-represented.

Shortly after noon, I was about head out, but stopped in at Joel Ray's tent to check-in, and we finally go caught with a rain shower. Thanks to that delay, I got to meet MrPushbutton, who popped in to show off some parts finds, and we talked at great length about V8s and the pushbutton control system. I suspect some great things are in store for people who kept this unique system intact, rather than retrofitting to a manual selector.

All things considered, it was a good day and a worthwhile trip, and I hope make it to Perrysburg again next year. However, in another forum, someone posted that the event is moving to Fremont, OH - about a half hour east on US 20. Can anyone confirm this rumor and elaborate?

Posted on: 2007/5/28 9:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Brian, it is a 99 percent confirmed rumor.

Posted on: 2007/5/28 12:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Thanks, Joel.

I had only seen the post at the AACA from one person about the event moving to Fremont, with no follow-up, and it had me wondering.

I've been going to Perrysburg since 1990 and it had always been at that same hotel - and a pretty good one at that, with plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. Now, with a substantial remodeling nearly complete, it struck me odd that the event would be moving down the road. I normally get off the OH pike at Fremont and drive up US 20, but the Fremont area seemed a bit sparse in comparison to Perrysburg.

Posted on: 2007/5/28 19:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Brian, after 28 years of doing Perrysburg they are going to try for an indoor flea market like Frederick with the cars outdoors at a fair ground. The hotel would be secondary to the car show instead of making the hotel the attraction. 300 surveys were sent to people who have registered and paid the fees to make the show happen, the result is to try something new for next year and see what happens. We are not burning bridges with the hotel and could indeed move back after a trial at the new venue.

Posted on: 2007/5/28 20:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Joel -

Thanks for the additional insights.

I'll admit that Frederick's indoor swap meet certainly interested me, but the location is a bit too far (farther than Hershey) for me. Also, I hate travelling the PA pike - especially with the fickle weather we have through April around these parts.

The timing of Perrysburg in May was a lot better for me and only a 3-1/2 hour drive - typically in nice weather. Yet, threat of rain seems to have been more frequent in recent years, and I can see why an indoor venue is tempting. I just hope the show field is nearby - unlike some other events I've been to.

Perrysburg had been one of the best all-around Packard events I've ever attended, and I'm certainly willing to give the new site a try if it will get the number of cars on display back up and bring more vendors and parts to the public.

Keep us posted with dates and location. I'll be there!

Posted on: 2007/5/29 21:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved