Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 163

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

55 Clipper Backup Lens
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Does anyone know of a source for the backup light lens for a 55 Clipper Constellation? I'm thinking of trying my hand at molding and casting new lenses for my Clipper, but both of my backup lenses are broken and missing pieces, so I can't make a mold of them. Not sure if I'll venture into the taillight lens, but if the backup lens come out okay, I just might try!
Thanks,
John

Posted on: 2017/8/10 14:42
 Top  Print 

Re: 55 Clipper Backup Lens
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The backup lenses become available from time to time, sometimes NOS still in the box. I was able to score a couple of them when I had my 55 Clipper at a reasonable cost. They conveyed when I sold the car. Check out Kanter and Max Merritt for the BU light lenses. You may want to check eBay too.

The tail-break light-turn signal lenses have been reproduced and are available if your credit is good, real good.

Good luck. JWL

Posted on: 2017/8/10 17:39
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Another source for those kind of parts is Tucson Packard. I bought a Starter dashboard bezel from them. They have a lot parts.

http://www.tucsonpackard.com/

Posted on: 2017/8/11 9:00
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
they show up on ebay every so often, but they aren't usually cheap when in good shape, so you may have a hard time finding one someone will let you borrow for this project.

Posted on: 2017/8/11 11:54
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I've seen a few but the NOS ones are far too expensive for a "driver" vehicle..... I've sent emails to a couple of vendors to see if they have repro's or serviceable originals, so we'll see what happens. The lense doesn't need to be perfect, just intact. I can fill any small cracks and polish the surface to get a good mold, but mine are in pieces, so I'd have to manually create part of the mold and I'm not that good.... ;^)

Posted on: 2017/8/11 12:21
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Have you checked with Joel Ray?

Posted on: 2017/8/11 13:11
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
No. Is Joel a member? How can I contact him?

Posted on: 2017/8/12 13:39
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Joel's email is packards1@aol.com or you can send him a PM. He also has some things on his ebay store.http://stores.ebay.com/packards1

Attach file:

jpg  (31.43 KB)
209_598f690b6db3f.jpg 558X353 px

Posted on: 2017/8/12 14:25
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Thanks. Saw nothing in his store but shooting him and email now. If anyone here has a complete lens that they would part with, I would appreciate a shout. It does not have to be perfect, just complete.

Posted on: 2017/8/12 14:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Posted on: 2017/8/14 21:47
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved